The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is Dragonfruit a tank cracker?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by glasseye, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. glasseye

glasseye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Does anyone know if Dragonfruit is on the list of plastic tank crackers? It's either the Dragonfruit/Liquid Amber combo or Evods are sincerely craptastic lately.

2. BlueMoods

BlueMoods Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2010
    USA - Arkansas
    I don't know if it's on the list, but it is a tank cracker - every reputable vendor that has it in their line up warns about it.

3. glasseye

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I have to get out more. I had no idea. Thanks! I'm glad it's not the Evods. :)

4. EgoLife

EgoLife Full Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Miami Beach
    I obviously can't speak for everyone but dragon fruit is my favorite liquid. I don't buy it I get it from a local person that makes it and thus far the best flavor I have tried.

I have only been vaporizing for close to a month but a friend of mine has been smoking dragon fruit for months before I even started and has yet to have any problems with his tank and I haven't had any issues. We are both using the ego ce4 models and nada just FYI

5. randomhousegir

randomhousegir Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2013
    Riverton, Utah
    Do you know makes the dragon fruit flavoring?

sent from my phone via tapatalk 2 because I can't stop reading and posting on ECF

6. glasseye

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Vaping Zone super concentrate is very nice.

All I can think then is maybe it's the evods and maybe it's not. Sometimes I have to use a pair of pliers to open the tank to fill it, I may have squeezed too hard and cracked the lining I guess. This recipe is relatively new so it's hard to tell.

7. gtbb

gtbb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Cape Coral,Florida
    I recently mixed up some tfa dragon fruit and found cracking on one my Kir Fanis tanks. Wasn't sure which juice to blame. Now after reading this it just might be the one.

8. glasseye

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    After today I'm 100% convinced it's the Dragon fruit. Just to check, I filled a brand new Evod with my Amber Dragon mix. It took 7 hours before the Evod was leaking like a sieve. No more for me until the Davide gets here. :(

9. gtbb

gtbb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Cape Coral,Florida
    Who is Davide?lol

10. glasseye

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  11. SonHouse

SonHouse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2013
    Seminole
    Glad you mentioned it. I got a free sample of the TFA with my last Wizard Labs order. I usually use a ProTank or ProTank 2 but I also use DCT tanks. Glad to know before I munched one of them with it.

12. Aurora-Oblivion

Aurora-Oblivion Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
  13. Jo Patterson

Jo Patterson Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2013
    Reno, Nevada
  14. glasseye

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I'm not using TFA, it's VZSC at only 1%. Maybe it would be fine in another clearo with thicker plastic but after trashing 2 evods I'll just wait for the glass.

15. Aurora-Oblivion

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
    That's good to know Glasseye, thanks!

Since this is one of my favorite flavors and I planned to get the VZ SC sometime soon, I'll have to keep that in mind! :thumb:

16. Wow1420

Wow1420 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    I've had TFA dragon fruit in a Evod for weeks without any problems. I had it in other plastic devices before that, (ce4, iirc) never noticed any issues.

17. Aurora-Oblivion

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
    Me too SueGeo, must just be the VZ SC version?

I doubt it's the alc in it causing that either, wonder why it does that when other brands Dragon Fruit doesn't!

18. souleaterzer0

souleaterzer0 Multiple ID Suspension ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    right here
    I haven't had a problem with the vapingzone sc dragonfruit yet. I use it at 2% in my recipes and use it in my CE4s. The TFA version hasn't cracked a tank yet either.

19. Aurora-Oblivion

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
    Aye!

Maybe it's not the Dragon Fruit at all then and Glasseye is getting cracked EVOD's by holding them too tightly or in the wrong spot when refilling, so they are cracking easier than expected?

I've cracked a clone EVOD because I didn't realize how thin the plastic is under there, I assume Authentic ones might be a little thicker but I don't think that would be as thick as a solid plastic tank like CE4/5 ect. So it could be what I mentioned above, or just due to EVOD's plastic being thinner than other thanks, or a combo of all that :)

20. glasseye

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    LOL! I'm going with the combo, but I'm fairly sure it's not my Crush Armstrong grip. Totally just aged myself right there.

Maybe I should try the TFA version? The VZ one is just so tasty.

I think in the interest of science (and dragon fruit lovers) I'll fill up a T3 today and see how it goes. They're pretty much the same thickness and the CE 4s I think. Plus I'm jonesing for some, science just sounds better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.