Is everything high maintenance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
New Hampshire, USA
I'm hoping there is an answer for me out there. I'm using an LT. I started with a DCT with both a 10mL and also a 30 mL tank. I quickly found through experience and some advice on here that I was halving my voltage and that was the reason I was getting such weak vapor.

Then I got some boge 2.7 cartos. The admittedly work great (I'm not punching, just using without the tank). I just get really tired of having to perform the taryn spin 3-4 times every day. I also have a penchant for accidentally getting juice into the tube with any carto. This happens during the fill if I get sloppy, but I can remedy that. It also happens throughout the day, not matter how careful I am.

I recently picked up some 312 clearomizers. At first this seemed ideal to me, easy to fill and a nice smooth vape. Now that is getting clogged in the tube as well, and I also get an intermittent plastic taste every third hit or so.

Is there any item out there that fits an LT and is easy to maintain (like a tank or clearo), tough to clog and gives an even, consistent vape? I know if the answer exists, it exists here. I'm so happy to be cigarette free, but man was smoking easier...

KT

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
That's the problem I keep reading about with the LT that you can't use dual coils with them. I was going to suggest the Mega DCC's from Madvapes which I use. But they only perform well between 4.5 - 5.0 volts and I use them on my variable watt Darwin. I fill one up in the morning and top it off once or twice during the day and have no issues. They usually last 4 - 6 days before I toss them for a new one. I would upgrade to a variable model that allows you to use any carto/tank/atty on the market.

KTark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
New Hampshire, USA
That's the problem I keep reading about with the LT that you can't use dual coils with them. I was going to suggest the Mega DCC's from Madvapes which I use. But they only perform well between 4.5 - 5.0 volts and I use them on my variable watt Darwin. I fill one up in the morning and top it off once or twice during the day and have no issues. They usually last 4 - 6 days before I toss them for a new one. I would upgrade to a variable model that allows you to use any carto/tank/atty on the market.

Thank you for the reply wv2win. I just got the LT a few weeks ago so I'd pretty much have to give up golf for the summer to get my wife to go along with a Provari/Darwin/Zenesis purchase right now....and that I cannot do. Don't the DCCs use a carto as well? I still might have the same tube clogging problems....

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Is everything high maintenance?

Compared to cigs? Yepper...
whistle.gif

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
This^^

Use a single coil punched carto inside a tank. You won't be halving your power but you will be reducing maintenance.

Hoosiers has some nice single coil, 2ohm, single or triple punched tank cartos that work great. Single punch for thinner juice, triple for thicker stuff.

Since you're using a lower power cutoff VV device, so something like 2 -3 ohm should work well for you. As long as it's not dual coil.

I'm hoping there is an answer for me out there. I'm using an LT. I started with a DCT with both a 10mL and also a 30 mL tank.

I am curious though, I'd really like to see pics of the 10ml and 30ml tanks you've been using. It may be time for me to upgrade. :laugh:

Last edited:

N rustica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
I'm using an LT. I started with a DCT with both a 10mL and also a 30 mL tank.

I like using the smaller clear tanks, yes they need to be refilled more, though i found when i use a metal drip tip, it can easily push the tank down with little mess. I bought this 3.5ml one for $10.99 and it's pretty skinny. Someone on another forum made me a slightly larger 3.5ml with a thick quartz glass, it has heavy gauge aluminum caps and cost $25

Then I got some boge 2.7 cartos. The admittedly work great (I'm not punching, just using without the tank). I just get really tired of having to perform the taryn spin 3-4 times every day.

Even with the ego-twist, I only vape at 3.7v and use 1.7ohm stainless steel cartos which I punch myself with a hammer and a tiny finishing nail. 2 holes is plenty enough because I use 60/40 and 70/30 pg/vg juice. Oh, and the taryn spin is unnecessary drama, just give it a shake like a thermometer.

At first this seemed ideal to me, easy to fill and a nice smooth vape. Now that is getting clogged in the tube as well, and I also get an intermittent plastic taste every third hit or so.

Same here, the idea of easy filling and also being able to see the juice level seems good until you get the plastic hit. Total dealbreaker

Is there any item out there that fits an LT and is easy to maintain (like a tank or clearo), tough to clog and gives an even, consistent vape?

Easy at first, probably not. There is a learning curve to everything. It's always a good idea to ask for help when it is becoming too much. Keep vaping.

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I don't/won't use tanks-not my cup of tea. When I use them, I just fill up a few cartomizers no taryn spins going on.

I know you asked about the LT, but if juice delivery is your issue, maybe look into a liquid feed mod. That's pretty much maintenance free. Of course they hold about 3-6 ml of liquid, not 30. :laugh:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Is there any item out there that fits an LT and is easy to maintain (like a tank or clearo), tough to clog and gives an even, consistent vape? I know if the answer exists, it exists here. I'm so happy to be cigarette free, but man was smoking easier...
KT

e-cigs have a futz factor, to be sure. That said...this is why I use atomizers and drip. Nearly zero futz. The trade off is that you have to drip 3 drops of juice into the atomizer every 10 to 15 puffs. And atomizers are easily cleaned and last me at least a month (I retire them ...working... after a month).

Everything else has to be filled. Has to have the right flow rate so it doesn't flood or get dry. Is usually some cheap plastic. Is considered more disposable. Has worse taste. Requires a constant supply of napkins, syringes, popping caps off, or modifications to what they send you.

Atomizers are already "Dual Coil" in that there are two coils. The ohms are different tho, so you don't have to worry about over amping stuff unless you are using LR on HV stuff.

I don't think dripping is any more effort than smoking was. Remember having to "ash" all the time, or having to use (and dump) ashtrays.

2 cents.

KTark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2012
New Hampshire, USA
Glad I was able to inadvertently lighten things up with my wildly inaccurate tank size quotes :oops: I'm pretty sure they're 3 and 6 mL.

Thank you Spazmelda, N rustica and Caridwen. I just tried Caridwen's punch method on a boge 2.7 and then put it in my 6 mL tank. Seems to be working well so far. I won't get too excited yet, but am optimistic. Thanks again. I freaking love this place.

KT

Groundswell17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Pennsylvania
i drip all the time, it's all i do, i don't like the taste of cartos. i used to use them, and clearomizers, all that stuff, but fell back to dripping. With a drip shield, dripping is maintenance free. you never get a mess on your connection, and you can drip really, as much as you want and not have to top off all the time. You can flood the atty, but at 10W with the kick, it doesn't really matter. if i'm driving i hit up like 5-7 drops and i can vape for a good while. I really think dripping is about as easy as it gets. plus you get great flavor and TH.

when i was new to vaping, i was more than willing to fiddle. i carried on me, at all times, and extra battery, picks, paper towels, juices, extra carto's, clearo's yada yada yada. all in a little camera case. eventually i just got sick of all the hassle. having to fill up my little bottle here every 2 days from my big 120ml bottle of juice is a pain in the .... enough, so filling a tank every morning/night is out of the question. today, all i carry is my mod, and a small bottle. thats it for the day. it's thoughtless, pain-free, just plain easy

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    There are any number of 45mm long cartos that fit in your DCT's, you don't need to use dual coil cartos to use the tanks.
    These are what I use (also 3oms availible)
    BOGE LOW RESISTANCE (2.0 ohm) 510 XL CARTOMIZERS
    You can also get Smoktech flanged & pre-drilled single coil cartos in about any resistance you want.

Maybe a Vision ego (stardust) or a Vivi Nova tank is the answer you are looking for. There is no end to the list of options you can try. Personally I look at all the ways to vape as just being different, not better or worse, and I enjoy them all.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    OK, my bad... I thought the the coil was spread in two loops... one on each side of the atomizer... but probably/usually a single coil. It's the cup I was seeing I guess, not the coil.

Also as to this:
    Thank you AttyPops. You make a good case, especially the reminder of the maintenance of smoking. I do drip when I'm home sometimes, but I don't find it convenient enough to do while driving, at work, etc.

KT
    I don't mean to imply you should drip and drive. I just was trying to find the lowest maintenance way of using e-cigs per your post #1, not selling you on atties and dripping. It's just that atties and dripping have the least malfunctions/maintenance.

I have purchased some cartos and smart-carts for use while driving. There's no single solution that you have to use exclusively.

I suppose that CE2's are similar to an atty. There is a post, here:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-2012-everybody-welcome-3121.html#post6234297
    where TomCatt talks about using them with a drip tip and filling them as needed.

Last edited:

dcannon1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2012
    Savannah, GA
    I've decided that my most maintenance free setup(s) are the following:

At home I drip. It's really easy to when you're home and I really can't think of a reason not to drip at home (for me anyway).

For everywhere else I keep 2 mom and pop's submarine tanks loaded with my favorite juices. These have a thumbscrew on the side for easy filling. Once every 1-3 weeks (depends on how much I use them) I change the carto on these.

Except for the act of dripping and occasionally filling my tanks with a needle tip bottle, it's pretty maintenance free.

Cookster

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Fla-De-Da
    I would suggest checking out Discount Vapors. Eric, the owner is just a great guy, and has some really excellent products. I have both the LT and the LT mini, and am currently using/loving the E1 ReVive and the C6, but there's many other options.

Btw, I am, in no way, affiliated with DV, I just think they're great ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread