Is it bad to like using cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie932

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
PA
I guess I should ask, what are the reasons I shouldn't like using them????

New to everything, I started using cartos this week. I got the Boge XLs so they hold 1.6mL of juice..............I'm loving the ease of using them. Filling them.....SIMPLE (condom method)!!! Leaking.......NONE! Taste........AMAZING!!!

I have a bunch of clearos and I do have a nautilus, Kanger Pro Mini, Aspire BDC, and a Kanger EVOD...........but I am really amazed at how much I'm liking these over even the better tanks.......and the price can't be beat! So, what are the downfalls?

Am I just too new to know better?

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States

New to everything, I started using cartos this week. I got the Boge XLs so they hold 1.6mL of juice..............I'm loving the ease of using them. Filling them.....SIMPLE (condom method)!!! Leaking.......NONE! Taste........AMAZING!!!

I have a bunch of clearos and I do have a Nautilus, Kanger Pro Mini, Aspire BDC, and a Kanger EVOD...........but I am really amazed at how much I'm liking these over even the better tanks.......and the price can't be beat! So, what are the downfalls?

The only real downfall is the lack of liquid held. Even that can be averted with a Carto Tank.

$10.32 Swirl Acrylic Glass Carto Tank Kit (6.0mL) - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I use them on the MVP to reduce overall size for a more pocket friendly device as well.

Attachments

• MVP2 Stealth.jpg
    MVP2 Stealth.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 95

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Nothing wrong with cartos at all. There is a small learning curve on filling them, but once you figure it out, done. I really enjoy the performance of the XL Kanger cartos, and they hold 2.2ml, which beats out my Kanger EVOD clearos. I guess the biggest drawback would be that once they are gunked up or the polyfill burns, you have to trash them.

Stephanie932

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
PA
The only real downfall is the lack of liquid held. Even that can be averted with a Carto Tank.

Maybe this is why I like them. I don't get through a tank of liquid quickly enough because I like to change out flavors so much. At one point I think I had 8 clearos going and wanted to try a new flavor. I'm so finicky.......lol I do drip using an atty, but don't like having to use a few drops constantly.

I mainly vape when driving, but my commute daily is only 10 minutes. On longer drives, I'm sure I'll just use one of the tanks. At home, I can drip or use one of these, topping it off. So, for now they seem like a really good option for me. I just didn't know if this was the best option.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Many vets use and prefer tank-cartos. They hold 5ml - 6ml of e-liquid, have better taste and consistency than clearos. And less hassle.

I would suggest moving to tank cartos for ease of use. Just make sure you get a good tank like Phiniac or IBTanked. My Phiniacs have never leaked in over a year of use. The cartos are usually good for 8 - 12 days before needing replaced. I would look at IKenvape or Smok cartos for the carto themselves.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

I have a bunch of clearos and I do have a Nautilus, Kanger Pro Mini, Aspire BDC, and a Kanger EVOD...........but I am really amazed at how much I'm liking these over even the better tanks.......and the price can't be beat! So, what are the downfalls?

EVEN better tanks???

Not hardly.

The so-called tanks you mentioned are just glorified and repackaged clearomizers IMO. The only thing that is tank-like about them is their appearance.

Ive found carto tanks to be superior in flavor to everything out there except rbas and dripping.

YMMV.

I second wv2wins suggestion to get a Phiniac or an IBTanked with the Smok or Ikenvapes cartos.

Last edited:

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Nope, if they are working for you then there are no reasons to not like cartos :)

3+ year vaper here and I still use cartos pretty regularly. For me, some juices taste better in different delivery devices and some of my juices just perform best for me in carto tanks, so I am perfectly happy to continue to use them

Everyone's tastes are different and what they are looking for in a vape is different. Each delivery device holds different appeals and for each device there is a user whose needs match perfectly with it, cartos are no exception :2c:

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
I don't use them since migrating over to RBA's, but there's certainly nothing wrong with them.

I still have Evods/CE4/CE5's kicking about that I use from time to time. It's whatever works for you that matters really.

If it hits the spot, does what you need it to do, then it's the best atty for you end of story. Doesn't matter beyond what works for you :)

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
I second wv2wins suggestion to get a Phiniac or an IBTanked with the Smok or Ikenvapes cartos.

+1 for the IBTank with Cartos. I could not make the transition using a Carto only on my Mod to get off of the Analogs.

Once I got my first IBTank with Smok Cartos also from IBTanked it was easy to get off of the Analogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread