First time using cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shellie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
Poconos
It seems as if either no one is using these anymore, or no one is having problems with them, as the threads in this section of the forum are all old! Anyway, I just got a bunch of cartos - I believe they're Boge, they are 510 2 ohm cartos. I filled it using the condom method, and got a couple of really good vapes out of it. Then it tasted burnt. So i put a few more drops in, and still got a slightly burnt taste. So I put more juice in. It was coming out the bottom, so I figured it was all full (no, I didn't get the liquid in the center hole). So then I got a couple more good hits, then burnt again. Am I just vaping too fast for it, or is there possibly some other issue? Thank you!

Moaufan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Richland, Ga. USA
New cartos I fill before I go to bed to make sure they are fully saturated. I like Smok cartos better than Boge they seem to wick better and last longer. You may want to try a carto tank. I use Ibtanked. Madvapes and Provape have some cheaper for you to try to see how you like them.

Last edited:

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Is the cartomizers section on a list to disappear?

She was referring to the cartomizer section in the Technical Issues forum, where this thread was before she moved it here ;-)

To the OP, sometimes you just get a bum carto. I periodically get one that is like you describe, just toss it and move on to the next one. Sometimes they are salvageable if the dry hit was only slight, but if you get a good solid dry hit then chances are you won't ever get that flavor out of it again

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I use cartos with a tank, and when I fill the carto for the first time, I put .8ml in with a syringe for a std 35mm carto and 1.0ml for an XL carto. I then let it sit for several hours to get completely soaked. Then it's ready to go into the tank and on the pv. Everyone does it a bit differently depending on what works best for them. The main thing is letting it soak up the juice and getting it saturated before using it. I would also recommend IBTanked tanks.
IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-5-baditudes-cartomizer-tank-setup-guide.html

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Shellie! First of all, no matter what method of filling you use (condom, dripping from the top into the filler or syringe), do not eyeball the amount of e-liquid you're putting in, especially for the first time. Boge cartos are notoriously difficult to fill because they are rather tightly woven; sometimes a top looks slushy but the inside may still be dry. A standard (35 mm) cartomizer takes 1 ml of eliquid, or 25-30 drops, depending on the size of the dropper you're using. Do not use your cartomizer until you're sure that the filler has been thoroughly saturated.

Start vaping slowly--do not chain vape and do not vape at high wattages (6.5 watts is just about ideal for a carto). And then don't forget to top off your carto--1 ml of ejuice doesn't last very long and you don't want to vape your carto empty. Top off early and top off often. Carto tanks make using cartomizers easy--and you can always see how much juice you have left.

Once a carto tastes burnt, it is burnt. Refilling won't help--just grab another one and fill it properly: make sure you put enough eliquid and make sure that the filler is saturated throughout--use a large sewing needle to gently poke some holes in the filler if necessary. Having a syringe with an 18-gauge needle helps, because it lets you insert a right amount of juice slowly and directly into the filler, from the bottom up. But it's not absolutely necessary.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread