Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
I just read in another thread that the American e-cig forum is either down or gone. Could be that many of our new friends are migrating from there.

Edited to add- Actually I am new too! I just forget because I have been following the forum vicariously through my other half for months.

Last edited:

Johnsky

Mar 9, 2009
Well, I know that the ATS website just had a post in their science and technology section regarding e-cigs.
There's allot of members in that section who will look further into topics in order not to appear "ignorant" about it.

I however wound up here because I don't want to stop my nicotine intake, but I do want to stop taking in so much tar etc. I don't chewing gum (TMJ), and the patch just doesn't allow me to self regulate my intake.

E-cigs just seem like the obvious solution.

I'm making my decision on which make/supplier to go with.

Being in Canada presents some hurdles, mostly shipping, as the suppliers here neither supply the makes that I'm leaning toward, and much of their pricing is extreme.

So far I'm leaning toward either the RN4081 or the DSE901.
The RN4081 because of it's good performance in such a small package, and the DSE901 because of it's overall quality thus far.

Still can't decide. I'm a casual smoker at most, approx 10 or less cigarettes a day.

What do you think should be my first?

winterwoman

Feb 23, 2009
Oregon
Well I'm pretty new to been here for about 5-6 weeks now. I'm just wondering myself if we are getting a rash of people trying to quit due to the tax increase in the next couple of weeks or are e-cigs just getting real popular all of a sudden?:)

There was an article posted on a forum I frequent a month or so ago and it sparked my interest. I started researching and found this place and read and read until my head exploded and then came back and read and read some more until my head exploded again and then joined and purchased my first e-cig. I haven't completely stopped smoking - I still have 2 or 3 analogs per day but I am loving this new fangled device more each day.

:D

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Every time I look there's new names I don't reconize and I have to go through 3 pages just to see the days posts.8-o

By the time I get home from work, there is a minimum of 10 pages under "new posts". I pretty much just have to skim through them now and pick and choose what I am going to read. By the time I go through one page, another new page has popped up...lol

Lu

Last edited:

V-Power

Mar 10, 2009
Suffolk, UK
Yeah, Hi everyone. I'm new too (first post!:oops:). I'm currently waiting for my Evo to arrive - I ordered last Thursday and it's now Tuesday - gotta say I'm disappointed it's not here yet as can't wait to try it out.:(

I would say the growth in the forum is due to word spreading about e-cigs. I hadn't heard of them till last week and they sound like just what we've all been wanting for ages! Growth has got to be exponential - every new vape-er will pass on the good news to several mates so the more we've got, the more we get. V-Power to the People ....:D:D

Please - Mr Postie - bring my Evo in the morning.....:nun:

And to all of you - thanks for a FAB forum and all the info:thumb:

Sunshyn

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
CT, USA
www.sblades.com
Even the bad press probably helps bring in new members. A friend of mine posted a mostly "e-cigs aren't safe" type article to facebook. Seems she was curious and figured someone she knew must have experience with them and could provide more info, which I promptly did. That prompted another friend to inquire as well.

I saw an e-cig being talked about on a tech TV show which was showing some of the new items at a tech convention. This forum was one of the first places I found when I did a search for them.

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
I've been here since just before xmas and it is growing at a good rate.

I am also a member of a bbq forum that was the same way. When i joined i could read all the new posts for one day in no more than two pages.
The last time i checked in there was a while back (been on here too much) but you could post in the morning and by the evening it was 3 pages back. Alas that forum has gotten so big that there was a lot of BS and politics being thrwon around. So much so that a lot of the key members split off and formed another less formal and .....y forum.

I just hope this forum can keep it's "feel" it has right now. There is a good group of regulars that i recognise and respect their opinions greatly. There is always an interesting batch of newbies coming through, some stay a few days or a week, some just keep coming back and become regulars :D.

Whichever way the newbies go it's good to see them here, we were all newbies once! Ask all the questions you have, the only stupid question is the one not asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread