is it really that easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I use the smok redux but it's pretty much the same thing, and yes it really is that easy. Plus, I've been replacing the wick after a few mls and won't replace the coil until it blows.

I'm not sure what might cause a metallic taste, so hopefully someone will chime in with an answer for you. What materials are you using? (I use 32awg kanthal and cotton).

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
just rebuilt my first stardust head. seems to be working great, only problem is like metallic taste. maybe its in my head. does this sound normal or maybe I did something wrong? any comments are welcome, thx :)

If the rebuild is similar to the ViVi Nova (meaning a wire wrapped around wicking) then I get a nasty taste if I don't follow that YouTube advice to take a match or lighter and burn the wire first, and wipe it down. Resistance wire comes out of factories that expected to sell to other factories for hair dryers, furnaces, and the like, so it's up to you to clean it enough to vape.

When I forget, then when I get done cussing I soak the finished head in vodka overnight then rinse it off and let it dry for a couple of days. This is one reason why I make sure I rebuild heads before I run out of them!

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
thx I didn't see that part in the video I watched, but will try it. I was just so excited to try it as the one I was using had short wicks and I had been using it for a while and needed a coil replacement.
If the rebuild is similar to the ViVi Nova (meaning a wire wrapped around wicking) then I get a nasty taste if I don't follow that YouTube advice to take a match or lighter and burn the wire first, and wipe it down. Resistance wire comes out of factories that expected to sell to other factories for hair dryers, furnaces, and the like, so it's up to you to clean it enough to vape.

When I forget, then when I get done cussing I soak the finished head in vodka overnight then rinse it off and let it dry for a couple of days. This is one reason why I make sure I rebuild heads before I run out of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread