Is it safe to go beyond 20a on a dual 20A series batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moevape

Jun 27, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am new to the vaping scene, and have been doing a lot of research reading almost every thread out there.
I've been trying to figure out all the numbers and electrical terms and I'm kind of overwhelmed and not sure if I'm being safe with my regulated mod (SMOK alien 220w) with big baby beast and cloud beast running between 0.1 and 0.2.

With 0.1 I seem to be hitting the sweet spot at around 60 to 90w but im reading more than 20a on the screen. Is it safe to go beyond? I'm using two Samsung 25r which has a limit of 20a.

Also, at that wattage, my tank is overheating by the 4th drag. Is that normal? Is it fine to continue vaping?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_6035.JPG
    IMG_6035.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 16

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Forget the amp reading on the screen. It's showing the amps at the atomizer, not the amp draw at the batteries. The way you calculate the latter is:

Watts / battery cutoff voltage (2.8-2.9v on the Alien, 5.6-5.8v total as it's a series device) = amps. Add 10% to account for chip inefficiency.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
60 to 90W with 2 25Rs is perfectly fine. As KenD pointed out, forget that number on the screen. Given the high metal mass found in some of those lower ohm Smok coils, chain vaping a few times will make the base and coil toasty. Pretty much to be expected. Now, if the MOD were getting hot after 4 draws, there's a problem.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everyone,
I am new to the vaping scene, and have been doing a lot of research reading almost every thread out there.
I've been trying to figure out all the numbers and electrical terms and I'm kind of overwhelmed and not sure if I'm being safe with my regulated mod (SMOK alien 220w) with big baby beast and cloud beast running between 0.1 and 0.2.
With 0.1 I seem to be hitting the sweet spot at around 60 to 90w but im reading more than 20a on the screen. Is it safe to go beyond? I'm using two Samsung 25r which has a limit of 20a.
Also, at that wattage, my tank is overheating by the 4th drag. Is that normal? Is it fine to continue vaping?
Thanks in advance.
Welcome and glad you joined. I have provided a little more information which might help evaluating batteries.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
A Guide to Safe Charging - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
Guide to Choosing a Battery Charger | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: cloudbusting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread