The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is it safe?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by itsson, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. itsson

itsson New Member

Oct 1, 2019
    I was wondering wether it is safe or not to be vaping with a 0.13 ohms alien coil using the Tesla Invader 3 first and second step powered by 2 Vape cell 16850 3000 mah 3.7V.

2. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  3. itsson

itsson New Member

Oct 1, 2019
    Happy to finally found a reliable consulting community!

4. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oh you certainly have!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,
    The Invader will handle resistances as low as .10 Ω. .13Ω is greater than .10Ω.
    IMO, If you are using Vapcell INR3000s, from a reliable source, they are rated at about 20amps each. You have a ceiling of about 120W max for the pair in the Invader.

HTH
    I

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. itsson

itsson New Member

Oct 1, 2019
    Thank you for the information!

7. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    @itsson – The Tesla Invader III is a variable voltage device so knowledge of Ohms Law is needed to understand the current draw on the batteries. At its lowest setting of 3.6 volts, using a 0.13 ohm coil you are operating at 100 watts which would have an estimate current draw of 18 amps per cell. At its medium setting of 5.1 volts, that same coil would generate 200 watts and would draw 35 amps per cell. There is NO 18650 battery with a 35 amp CDR (Continuous Discharge Rating) rating.

Vapecell is a re-wrap battery. Personally, I would choose the Samsung 20S (30amp CDR) battery and never operate above 4.5 volts with that resistance.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. itsson

itsson New Member

Oct 1, 2019
    I was thinking about changing the batteries and this really cleared it up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    Nothing is safe.

• Like Like x 1
  10. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2019
    aye, totally safe, but is gonna be better with better cells, the vape cells you mention are re-wraped ones, i rather LG hg2's, be sure to be cover, use a battery charger instead the mod for charging, that's were safety is, on batteries and a decent charger!

Regards,

11. Punk In Drublic

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Agree that authentic, non re-wrapped cells should be used. But safety, or better put, mitigating risk is operating the device within the capabilities of the of the batteries being used and not just because you are using an authentic cell. This device is capable of drawing 50+ amps per cell – there is not a single 18650 on the market that is rated above 30 amps. Understand and respect the device, understand and respect your batteries – vape safe!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. MJCSD

MJCSD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    Hello and welcome to ecf

13. Tabac man

Tabac man Super Member

May 24, 2019
    London
    Is it safe?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Great advise already given.
    When I see 'is is it safe' I think 'hold my beer'.
    Also OP it's 18650 not 16850

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.

16. Hughvape

Hughvape Moved On

Oct 3, 2019
    Welcome to the best forum on the planet!!

17. AvaOrchid

AvaOrchid Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    On this topic but sort of co-opting it from the original poster (I apologize if I offend) is there like a Ohm's law for idiots (me) video that anyone knows of like I mean really basic description of Ohm's law for people that can barely divide....(again me)

18. Punk In Drublic

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    If you YouTube Ohms Law there are many videos. You will have view and determine what fits within your comfort range – I understand you are looking for the most simplistic, but what is simple to one person maybe complex and convoluted to another.

There are also many web pages covering Ohms Law that do offer the mathematical equations. Again, find something that you understand and use it as a reference.

To familiarize yourself, take different resistance examples and perform the calculations on a note pad- reference the internet if needed.

I understand ohms law – needed it for my line of work. But I can’t count above 10 unless I take my shoes off, and even then I am limited to 20…..21 if I drop my drawers

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Georgia Boy

Georgia Boy Super Member

Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Welcome Aboard
    Great advice above I will only use Molicell and Samsung Batterys thats a personal choice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.