Is it safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I was wondering wether it is safe or not to be vaping with a 0.13 ohms alien coil using the Tesla Invader 3 first and second step powered by 2 Vape cell 16850 3000 mah 3.7V.
Hi and welcome,
The Invader will handle resistances as low as .10 Ω. .13Ω is greater than .10Ω.
IMO, If you are using Vapcell INR3000s, from a reliable source, they are rated at about 20amps each. You have a ceiling of about 120W max for the pair in the Invader.

HTH
I

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@itsson – The Tesla Invader III is a variable voltage device so knowledge of Ohms Law is needed to understand the current draw on the batteries. At its lowest setting of 3.6 volts, using a 0.13 ohm coil you are operating at 100 watts which would have an estimate current draw of 18 amps per cell. At its medium setting of 5.1 volts, that same coil would generate 200 watts and would draw 35 amps per cell. There is NO 18650 battery with a 35 amp CDR (Continuous Discharge Rating) rating.

Vapecell is a re-wrap battery. Personally, I would choose the Samsung 20S (30amp CDR) battery and never operate above 4.5 volts with that resistance.

itsson

Oct 1, 2019
@itsson – The Tesla Invader III is a variable voltage device so knowledge of Ohms Law is needed to understand the current draw on the batteries. At its lowest setting of 3.6 volts, using a 0.13 ohm coil you are operating at 100 watts which would have an estimate current draw of 18 amps per cell. At its medium setting of 5.1 volts, that same coil would generate 200 watts and would draw 35 amps per cell. There is NO 18650 battery with a 35 amp CDR (Continuous Discharge Rating) rating.

Vapecell is a re-wrap battery. Personally, I would choose the Samsung 20S (30amp CDR) battery and never operate above 4.5 volts with that resistance.
I was thinking about changing the batteries and this really cleared it up.

Reactions: Eskie

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I was wondering wether it is safe or not to be vaping with a 0.13 ohms alien coil using the Tesla Invader 3 first and second step powered by 2 Vape cell 16850 3000 mah 3.7V.
aye, totally safe, but is gonna be better with better cells, the vape cells you mention are re-wraped ones, i rather LG hg2's, be sure to be cover, use a battery charger instead the mod for charging, that's were safety is, on batteries and a decent charger!

Regards,

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Agree that authentic, non re-wrapped cells should be used. But safety, or better put, mitigating risk is operating the device within the capabilities of the of the batteries being used and not just because you are using an authentic cell. This device is capable of drawing 50+ amps per cell – there is not a single 18650 on the market that is rated above 30 amps. Understand and respect the device, understand and respect your batteries – vape safe!

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Is it safe?

th

• Love
Reactions: gpjoe

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
On this topic but sort of co-opting it from the original poster (I apologize if I offend) is there like a Ohm's law for idiots (me) video that anyone knows of like I mean really basic description of Ohm's law for people that can barely divide....(again me)

If you YouTube Ohms Law there are many videos. You will have view and determine what fits within your comfort range – I understand you are looking for the most simplistic, but what is simple to one person maybe complex and convoluted to another.

There are also many web pages covering Ohms Law that do offer the mathematical equations. Again, find something that you understand and use it as a reference.

To familiarize yourself, take different resistance examples and perform the calculations on a note pad- reference the internet if needed.

I understand ohms law – needed it for my line of work. But I can’t count above 10 unless I take my shoes off, and even then I am limited to 20…..21 if I drop my drawers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread