"Is it soup yet?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dekalbave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Or more accurately, when will it be soup? I bought a 60ml bottle of 555 with extra flavor, and it seems to be taking longer to steep than I"m used to. I usually get it in 30ml dripper-top bottles. So I was wondering if it does in fact, take longer to steep in the larger size, with that very tight screw on cap.

OTOH, I have also switched hardware to an eGo-T tank system. Could that also be contributing to it being less flavorful than the juice was on my Riva 510 system?

Thanks.

--Gregg

Last edited:

Elphaba13

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Australia
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I generally find anything with extra flavouring takes longer to steep. Also, as soon as my order arrives (if it's in a big bottle) I decant some into a couple of 5 or 10 ml bottles, so that it steeps quicker. I find the greater the quantity, the longer it takes.

How long has it been steeping for? I'm no expert on tobacco flavours, so hopefully one of our tobacco afficianados will be along shortly to help you out.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Or more accurately, when will it be soup? I bought a 60ml bottle of 555 with extra flavor, and it seems to be taking longer to steep than I"m used to. I usually get it in 30ml dripper-top bottles. So I was wondering if it does in fact, take longer to steep in the larger size, with that very tight screw on cap.

OTOH, I have also switched hardware to an eGo-T tank system. Could that also be contributing to it being less flavorful than the juice was on my Riva 510 system?

Thanks.

--Gregg

Gregg, on any bottle if you just take the top off of it and leave it open to air it will steep just fine. Just put it up away from any little hands or paws. Put the cap back on and give the bottle a shake a couple times a day and let it steep until your happy with it. I generally give mine as much as a week.

The real culprit is probably your tank system. My experience is that 510's do a great job on vapor and flavor both with atty's and cartos. Tanks of any kind do tend to mute the flavor a little but they do have a place since they usually hold more liquid.

I'd use the tank for when your running around during the day and go back to the 510's in the evening when you can take the time to enjoy the flavors of a nice juice.

TT

dekalbave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Thank you all so much! I'll probably leave the cap off for a while, keep it away from my cat, and see how it steeps. I don't really have a large decanter or funnel to get a lot more oxygen on it. As far as the tank goes, I sort of need them because the 510 atty/cart (I think the carts) cause my throat and lungs to actually hurt, along with coughing a lot. The tank system has really cleared this up. I ordered some Very Cherry in a 30ml bottle about a month ago, its very well steeped, and is flavorful in the eGo-T.

Thanks again everyone!

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
SW FL Gulf Coast
+1 on the Ego tank systems muting the flavors. I have several new ones still in the cellophane for that very reason. If you have to use it, then you have to. But if you really want to know for sure, fill a tank; then drip on an atty from the same bottle. I'd lay money on the tank having about 20%-25% less flavor than the atty does.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
That's a tough one to answer Waylon ... I'd suggest at least five days more or less.

Some people report all kinds of strange flavors before Wyatt Earp is fully steeped such as licorice (which is not in Wyatt Earp) and I've read all kinds of strange stories.

The bottom line is that its all going to depend on your tastes and what you like. Let it steep a while, try it and if you think it needs it, let it steep some more.

TT

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
ok thank you all .Someone gave me a sample and i think it was older ,i then ordered a 10ml to make sure i still liked it :) i did ..BUT dumb me forgot it was fresh juice ( vs the chinese liquid i had before ) it was just lighter taste thats all but the 2nd week was better .I LOVE the wyatt earp :) I was only reminded of steeping when i saw this thread .lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread