Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It could be the flavor, too. There's a new thread over in H&S, person figured out it was a particular new eliquid they were using, the specific flavoring just doesn't work for them.

In my case I don't like high % VG, I get heaviness though it's nothing noticeable except when exercising. Others have it much worse. Some people have similar issues with PG, others with different flavors -- it can be with one specific vendor flavoring, or with a general class of flavorings.

Then again, as previously noted, it could always just be a bug, entirely external to vaping, or the "normal" blecch effects that a lot of us go through when we first stop smoking :)

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Coincidentally, I just read a thread where the OP boiled it down to Green Apple juice after experimenting with PG/VG ratios. IMHO, sometimes it can be the setup itself... plastic, filler, etc that may show up to one degree or another with certain juices regardless of PG/VG ratio. I get the heavy chest and congestion from VG above 33% (how my fav mixer makes it) but when using say 50/50 it doesn't show up with all juices nor setups. Now, to use them up, I don't inhale past the back of my throat... quick inhale and out nose... to keep the stuff out of my lungs. Just keep in mind that these juices, though named after foods, are not food. For instance, raspberry comes from beaver butts... if you're allergic to beavers, you will be to raspberry too... just one example. The best advice I've seen here is to try 100% flavorless PG and then the same for VG. Once you have that info and encounter a juice that give you a problem and you know its not the PG or VG, try it on a different delivery system (change type of plastic .. the polys/glass/metal/fillers... and at different voltages.. that also makes a difference. On the plastic, I won't even microwave in plastic and as for metals... most cooks know to never heat or put acidic foods in aluminum... they know its one cause of alzheimers and canners don't use it commericially with acids. Geez.. wrote a mini book but there's a lot to consider.

Last edited:

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Coincidentally, I just read a thread where the OP boiled it down to Green Apple juice after experimenting with PG/VG ratios. IMHO, sometimes it can be the setup itself... plastic, filler, etc that may show up to one degree or another with certain juices regardless of PG/VG ratio. I get the heavy chest and congestion from VG above 33% (how my fav mixer makes it) but when using say 50/50 it doesn't show up with all juices nor setups. Now, to use them up, I don't inhale past the back of my throat... quick inhale and out nose... to keep the stuff out of my lungs. Just keep in mind that these juices, though named after foods, are not food. For instance, raspberry comes from beaver butts... if you're allergic to beavers, you will be to raspberry too... just one example. The best advice I've seen here is to try 100% flavorless PG and then the same for VG. Once you have that info and encounter a juice that give you a problem and you know its not the PG or VG, try it on a different delivery system (change type of plastic .. the polys/glass/metal/fillers... and at different voltages.. that also makes a difference. On the plastic, I won't even microwave in plastic and as for metals... most cooks know to never heat or put acidic foods in aluminum... they know its one cause of alzheimers and canners don't use it commericially with acids. Geez.. wrote a mini book but there's a lot to consider.

Who doesn't like a little beaver?

ba dump bump

thank you be here all week

try the steak

Seriously though, stuff like that is good to know and very interesting...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread