Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
When I started vaping a 1 1/2 months ago I was using 100% PG without issue. As I progressed trying different liquids from different vendors with no real preference of VG or PG I ended up with several 100%VG liquids as my daily rotation. I just finished steeping some 70pg/30vg and after about 10 puffs I noticed my chest felt heavy.
Nothing overwhelming but, noticeable. I'm assuming a true allergy is far worse than this but, was wondering if it is possibly the PG? Is this common?
Thanks

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I'd say it's the VG as it did the same to me when I first started. Between that and a raised heart rate, I ended up cutting back to 10% VG which worked. Over the course of a year I then experimented with raising my VG levels a little at a time since I like the vapor it produces, and I'm now at 30% with no problems. I believe VG is something that some people just have to get used to.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Thanks for the replies. Maybe I didn't clarify. I was using 100% VG over the past two weeks without issue just by coincidence. Then tonight I used a mainly PG liquid and just felt slightly winded. I've been vaping it all night anyway without any progression in the" winded" feeling. Just thought it odd since its a similar ratio to what I started with and didn't have any issues than.

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
PG definitely makes my lungs tighten up, even at just 10%. That didn't seem happen during the first month or so when I started vaping but then became very noticeable even after just two or so hits. I don't know if the change was because I developed an actual sensitivity to PG during the first month or if the sensitivity was there from the start but my lungs were so impaired (I smoked for 45 years) that I just didn't notice its effect until my lungs had recovered enough for it to become apparent. At any rate, I've stuck to 100% VG juices since then.

dude75951

Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
texas
i was just talking about this on another thread.i was cutting my juice with 0 nic. pg to lower over all nicotine and i got to where it felt like i couldnt breath.allmost like i had a hard run and wanted to breath very fast. i chopped it up to not enough nic. but i allways get full vg or 80/20 vg/pg and when i used alot less pg in the mix it went away......not enough nic or a bad reaction? hmmm

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Doesn't Alien Visions have all (or mostly) VG juices? I've heard good things about them. I just make my own so I know (as much as possible) what's going in my liquid.

yes, they have what they call '100% VG', not really accurate because they do have flavorings & thinners (water or alcohol, or both), but they are PG free.

Tasty stuff too, Boba's Bounty is amazing.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Easiest way to figure something like this out is by purchasing a small amount of plain PG and VG from one of the retailers and vape them each by themselves. That should tell a person whether it's PG, VG, or flavorings. If it's inconclusive and doesn't go away in a few days then it's time to make a doctor's appointment.

The reason I asked about a new flavoring is because that can also be a factor. I tend get heavy chested from vaping cinnamon flavoring, which bites because I adore it mixed with so many other things.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It may be coincidence or reality. People sometimes complain about VG chest tightness or PG irritation. Most find that 70pg/30vg or something on either side of that mix to be tolerable. Lots of people vape 50/50. There are more 100% PG juices that irritate my throat than an 80pg/20vg does. Adding a little VG seems to round out the juice and make it a smoother vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread