The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is my vision spinner 1300mAH battery a knockoff?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Sd13, Aug 4, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sd13

Sd13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    My vision spinner differs slightly from the ones i see in all the pictures. It looks exactly the same except for the fact that it has guide line markings in 0.1V increments on the black rubber next to the dial. Is it a knockoff, or is it a new revision by vision? photo.jpg

2. phish

phish Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2013
    Georgia
    a picture would help.

3. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    I just added one.

4. metrabolic

metrabolic Super Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2013
    Chandler, AZ
    Looks real to me, but the picture isn't very good. Maybe a couple other pictures would help.. why are you worried about knock offs?

5. phish

Jun 2, 2013
    Georgia
    Logo and all looks legit. How is it performing?

6. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    It looks identical to the ones in all the pictures that i saw online except for those guide lines by the dial. It is performing ok except for when i set it to high voltages. For some reason, it outputs higher power at the 4.5-4.6 volt range than it does at 4.8V. Not a deal breaker since i never go that high. However, if it is a knock off i want to return it because i don't want to worry about it's longevity.

7. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    Here is another picture:

photo.jpg

8. metrabolic

May 14, 2013
    Chandler, AZ
    Where did you buy it?

9. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    I bought it in a brick and mortar store in my area. All their stuff seem legit.

10. metrabolic

May 14, 2013
    Chandler, AZ
    Looks real to me..most of the time if it's fake it won't have the engraving on the bottom.

11. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    ive never seen a knockoff actually use the manufacturers name and real logo either.

12. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
  13. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    maybe a newer model?

14. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    and under brand for the listing it states "vision" which would be the company supplying them.

there is no rhyme or reason when they change something on a product, they just do it. the fact it has visions logo on it and the vision logo on the underside of the dial is good enough to know its real.

the cloners will make an identical product no problems but they never go so far as to steal a company logo.
    we sometimes forget most of the companies there dont worry about copies because of this fact, the customer will (should) always know the real deal is usually the only one with the real logo

its like the new twists on fasttech, they are identical in every way except one - there is no joyetech logo.

15. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ

16. edgie13

edgie13 Full Member Verified Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Florida
    [​IMG]

Both of my 900s look like my above image. I wish that it had a dial like the OP's . Mine does have the Vision logo etched on the bottom.

Sent from my Nexus 7

17. phish

Jun 2, 2013
    Georgia
    Edgie, what kind of amp is that? Looks Fender-y. Sorry to hijack! :D

18. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

Fake. The pics on the Vision site don't have the increment marks. I'm sure they would update the pics on their website if a new version were released.
    Having a name on it means nothing.

19. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    Dont be so sure of that! theres a couple products that vision sells that they dont even list lol.
    you know what a spinner is, we know what a spinner is, they arent that detail oriented.

here ya go - looking for something else I saw this..

From a very reputable dealer who is well known here on ECF and a great guy.

look at the spinners in the background pic they all have the increment scale on them.

Vision Spinner Variable Voltage 1300mAh eGo Battery

now searching for spinners on the web i see a couple vendors with these and none of them are known to sell knockoffs.

and i will say it again -
    ive never seen a knockoff actually use the manufacturers name and real logo.

20. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

That's very odd. I've never seen a manufacturer release a new product without updating their website first.

Ever been to NYC or DC and seen the 'Gucci', 'Prada', etc. purses for sale on the street for $50 or less? They have the logos, tags, everything on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.