Is RY4 a well known flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA
Here is the issue - I needed some e-liquid while on vacation in Virginia Beach. I forgot to make an online order before I left and was vaping leftover stuff that I really didn't like. While wandering around the multiple tourist trap stores, I notice what appeared to be a fairly well established vape shop. I walked in an asked the guy for some RY4 in a 50/50 mix. He told me that they didn't have anything like that and then tried to sell me some fruit flavors as an alternative - in 70/30 or max VG mixtures.

Now I realize that I am a bit old school with my EVOD Kanger Protank II mini, but shouldn't every established vape shop know what RY4 is?

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Personally, I agree with you, an established shop should have someone who knows about RY4. But in my experience, I’ve never been in any local shop where they had RY4 or even knew what I was talking about.

It’s my favorite flavor, and one of the few I will actually vape, so it’s disappointing that it doesn’t seem as well known as it should be.

Hoping people in bigger cities have a little better luck with their local shops, haha.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Here is the issue - I needed some e-liquid while on vacation in Virginia Beach. I forgot to make an online order before I left and was vaping leftover stuff that I really didn't like. While wandering around the multiple tourist trap stores, I notice what appeared to be a fairly well established vape shop. I walked in an asked the guy for some RY4 in a 50/50 mix. He told me that they didn't have anything like that and then tried to sell me some fruit flavors as an alternative - in 70/30 or max VG mixtures.

Now I realize that I am a bit old school with my EVOD Kanger Protank II mini, but shouldn't every established vape shop know what RY4 is?
Times they are a changin'
Vape shops I have visited usually have 6 or 7 times more of the non tobacco flavours than tobacco flavours.
When traveling, if I find a shop with Hangsen or Dekang I feel lucky. If I can't find tobacco flavoured juice, unflavoured is my next option.
IMO, someone in the shop should know of the existence of "RY-4".

Cheers
I

Reactions: stols001

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
I am seeing juices with tobacco as a back note but very few if any straight TOBACCO flavors.

RY4D is the way for me. Had some store bought RY4 a few years ago and vaped flowers for a couple of days, no thank you:)

Reminding me of Halo's Tribeca IIRC, damn tasty stuff for a fresh quit smoker.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I wish I could find some Hangsen locally...their tobacco flavors are top-notch. Unfortunately, it seems that tobacco flavors are in small demand in shops.

Not only that, the flavors change often. Whenever I found a flavor at a vape shop that I liked it would be available for several months and then disappear, to be replaced by the newer, trendier flavor - which is why I DIY my juice now.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl

Yeah RY4, to me is a standard. Every shop I know of has a version of it. I like it very much and enjoy the differences in the various makes available. Totally Wicked has an excellent RY4. It is available and nicotine strength from 3 mg to a whopping 36 mg. A bit pricey however as it is manufactured in the UK and is also sold in only 10 mL bottles. But in my opinion a fine product.

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have never vaped RY4, and I'm not a vendor but I know what it IS.

I don't think the majority of new vapers are THAT into tobacco flavors necessarily, but a store making stuff in house, you'd think they'd know it, unless they only carry specific vendor lines of manufacturers and some of them are Like That. Etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread