Is Sour E-liquid Safe to Vape?

Do you think it is safe to vape sour ejuice?

• I don't care, it tastes good!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did before reading this post

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm waiting for more studies

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
We did a deep dive on the major additives used to create sour and pucker type e-liquid flavors, looking at the published studies on inhalation safety. Please take a look and let us know what you think about our findings, we'd love to hear from you!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
We did a deep dive on the major additives used to create sour and pucker type e-liquid flavors, looking at the published studies on inhalation safety. Please take a look and let us know what you think about our findings, we'd love to hear from you!

Whereas I applaud this type of Discussion from a Retailer, and the Article that was written, one this I found Very Curious was the Lack any of Quantified Amounts when referring to Malic Acid.

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Whereas I applaud this type of Discussion from a Retailer, and the Article that was written, one this I found Very Curious was the Lack any of Quantified Amounts when referring to Malic Acid.
This is true. Literally ANY acid is dangerous in high enough molarity.

• Agree
Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This is true. Literally ANY acid is dangerous in high enough molarity.

It just seems that since it is Very Difficult to even agree on what a Unified meaning of what the word "Safe" is, that at least we could Quantify what amounts of Malic Acid we are referring to?

I don't add any Malic Acid to my DIY e-liquids. So I Don't have any Frame of Reference to what type(s) of Concentrations might be used?

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Thank you, bombastinator! We did quite a bit of research before formulating our opinion about this and it means a lot to hear it was helpful to a fellow vaper!

ZoiDman, every eliquid manufacturer uses different amounts of malic acid. We, obviously, decided not to use any because I don't feel comfortable with it being safe in any amount. Are you wondering what the general rage of use is?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

ZoiDman, ... Are you wondering what the general rage of use is?

More at what levels You felt Malic Acid might present problems for an average Vaper? But you answered that by saying You didn't feel comfortable using Any Amount.

Something I can Respect from the Manufacture of an e-Liquid.

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
It took a lot of digging to find any research on inhalation safety. I didn't find any that specified a particular threshold above which it presented a problem. I don't think that research has been done. My personal opinion is that anything that presents the kind of problems mentioned in the studies we linked to is something I don't want to inhale in any amounts, especially because there is no real need to. It's not a vital component of e-liquid or necessary to the vaping experience. So that's why we came down with a zero usage determination.

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread