Is Temperature Control, Atty dependent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ottefrep

Nov 28, 2015
I just purchased a Wismec RX200 device, and have put several Ti sub-ohm builds in my only atty, the Kaifun GT2(not a clone), It worked well initially with a 0.12ohm spaced coil, but now with one puff all I get is Temperature Protected on the mod. I'm wondering if certain RTA's can't handle the sub-ohms, and therefore the Temperature Protection signals on the mod. I have no other atty's to try, to see if its the atty or the mod. Any help would be appreciated.

prawdaeh

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I just purchased a Wismec RX200 device, and have put several Ti sub-ohm builds in my only atty, the Kaifun GT2(not a clone), It worked well initially with a 0.12ohm spaced coil, but now with one puff all I get is Temperature Protected on the mod. I'm wondering if certain RTA's can't handle the sub-ohms, and therefore the Temperature Protection signals on the mod. I have no other atty's to try, to see if its the atty or the mod. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it not putting out vapor for you? From the product page from wismic -

Resistance range: 0.05-1.0ohm for TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS mode

Sub-ohming is really the only way to go with TC mode. Those would be some huge coils that were above 1 ohm.

What temperature settings are you using? I don't have an RX200, but I do have the DNA 200 version, and I also have an IPV 3 Li. It really should be determined by the resistance of the coil. TC works by mathmatical calculations based on the coils resistance. Basically the chips are set to believe that a certain temperature is reached upon the coil jumping up to a certain resistance from room temperature. When the coil hits that resistance, Temp Protection turns on and lowers power to the coil. If I'm not mistaken the RX200 allows you to select what kind of coil you are using for TC.

Did you make sure the mod was set to TC-Ti mode?

Make sure your temperature isn't set extremely low. You probably want to be @ 400F or higher.

Does the mod stop firing all together when temp protection kicks on? Both of my mods will reduce the power being supplied to the coil and only stop firing if the coil begins to get to a higher resistance than what my mods are set to allow.

Make sure to always lock the resistance of the coil while it's at ROOM temp before using TC or the temp readings will be off.

Pretty much as long as your connections are secure with you coil build, TC should work with any atomizer that you're able to build your own coils given that you're using nickle, titanium, or in some cases stainless steel. If you've done everything else right, all "Temp Protection" on your screen should mean is that your coil reached your set temperature and is now either supplying less wattage/voltage or no power to allow it to cool. If you keep holding the button, it should cycle on/off on/lower power just trying to keep that coil at the resistance it believes reaches the temperature you have set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread