Temperature Control w/ Kanthal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought the Wismec reuleaux RX200 and have been experimenting with the settings. There is of course wattage, Ni, Ti, SS, M1, M2, and M3 features. Using wattage mode, I experienced "burnt" flavor and decided to try something new. I set the temperature M1 setting to 200 F and gave it a try using standard Kanthal wire. The experience was a much smoother/dense vapor production. Much preferred, and certainly a difference in performance.

So the question remains, are there negative side-effects in attempting temperature control w/ Kanthal builds? As stated by many before me, the change in Kanthal's resistance as it is heated is more sophisticated, hence, the 200 F mark probably wasn't very accurate. Nevertheless, should I be worried?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Just bought the Wismec reuleaux RX200 and have been experimenting with the settings. There is of course wattage, Ni, Ti, SS, M1, M2, and M3 features. Using wattage mode, I experienced "burnt" flavor and decided to try something new. I set the temperature M1 setting to 200 F and gave it a try using standard Kanthal wire. The experience was a much smoother/dense vapor production. Much preferred, and certainly a difference in performance.

So the question remains, are there negative side-effects in attempting temperature control w/ Kanthal builds? As stated by many before me, the change in Kanthal's resistance as it is heated is more sophisticated, hence, the 200 F mark probably wasn't very accurate. Nevertheless, should I be worried?
Asolo, Kanger, and others are trying to get Temperature Control to work on Kanthal. I was hoping they could make it work but we are running out of time.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle

Reuleaux doesn't do TC with Kanthal
Asolo, Kanger, and others are trying to get Temperature Control to work on Kanthal. I was hoping they could make it work but we are running out of time.
Only accurate TC with Kanthal I know of is the Hohm Wrecker G2.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MMW

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If I were you I would get some 316 Stainless Steel. Its so amazing in Wattage mode. Don't get me wrong it's also great in Temp mode but after I tried SS in wattage mode I was hooked.
Many people report that Stainless Steel gives a cleaner flavor than any wire.

It can be used in TC AND POWER modes. Nickel anf Titanium should only be used in Temperature Control

If I were you I would get some 316 Stainless Steel. Its so amazing in Wattage mode. Don't get me wrong it's also great in Temp mode but after I tried SS in wattage mode I was hooked.

Sounds Great. How does the resistance of 316 Stainless Steel compare w/ that of Kanthal wire? What gauge would you recommend?

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
Sounds Great. How does the resistance of 316 Stainless Steel compare w/ that of Kanthal wire? What gauge would you recommend?
Ebay sells this for like 6 dollars, Its perfect and will last you a year or so.
Its a little more sensitive compared to Kanthal. Like when you dry burn It dont pulse it at all. Just tap its for a second to see a little glow. Its smooth and tasty. You don't even need to pulse it but if you do. Its a nice vape. I do 8 wraps 3 ml bit double coils on a griffin 25 or a gemin 22
1glxdw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread