Is the Aeolus suitable for higher Ohm builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Providence, RI
I was in the store the other day and was tempted by the Aeolus rda because it looks like I could dump nearly a ml of liquid in there and Vape away. Suits my short attention span for flavors. (Love my SubTank Mini, but sometimes wish it had a smaller tank, since I only use half of it anyways, lol).

However, all the shop experience was into lower ohm builds. When I asked if the unit does okay with higher resistance, single coil builds, they did say they had a buddy that ran one at .7 or so.

I know it would be underutilizing the full potential of the Aeolus, but I would want to run it as a single coil around 1.4 - 1.7 or so. Anyone have experience with this top airflow RDA building higher resistance coils? Clouds= meh. Flavor=yay!

Thanks

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
The aeolus is an awesome atty but if you plan on using it with high ohm builds, I suggest fastening your coil to the screw heads and not through the post holes if using anything higher then a 26g.

I'm running twisted 30g Ni200 in mine right now and the center post doesn't seem to catch the wire securely so I wrap around the screws instead.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I have an Aeolus and ran mine a few times at 0.8 ohms single coil, it did fine, but honestly it's not my favorite atty. It's just eh to me. When I did my video of it, I was a little lower at 0.4 ohms or something close to that. I haven't used it since doing my video though. It personally wasn't the best for flavor. I've had atty's that were better. One of those atty's I wish I didn't get and didn't listen to all of the big reviewers on it. I didn't have a way to try it in person first though.

Reactions: Netop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread