Is the smaller in diameter clapton for MTL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I prefer a restrictive direct lung hit for max flavor.
    I have seen a few posts that there is smaller in diameter clapton wire in spools made for MTL or atomizers such as little Origen 16,kayfun IV or V,etc....
    The kayfun V wide open air flow is about what I prefer on all my bf RDA,RDTA,or every atomizer I use.I do sometimes vape tighter or more airy but restrictive RDL I prefer.
    I think it was geekvape or coilart that had some let’s just say micro clapton wire in spools and something like 27 or 28 wrapped in 32 or 34?
    I don’t care for big Clapton’s because they eat up battery and when taking long tight vapes they get too hot.
    I mostly use 27-28g kanthal parallel with 4-6 winds depending on atomizer or dual micro coils for max flavor and better cell life.
    If you know if there is spools available of micro clapton wire please post.
    Also, if anyone could suggest other wires that might give more flavor and have similar current draw please post.

Reactions: stols001

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Appreciate the replies.
    I misspelled a word in question of thread title which could be interpreted different ways.
    Is there any smaller in diameter or micro clapton wire made in spools that are sometimes used in MTL tanks or RDA.

I’m after flavor only,clouds I’ve tried and don’t care for.
    So far a simple parallel coil in kanthal has been the best so far in terms of both flavor,vape,and cell life.
    I may have to try to find the thread I read and take it from there but I thought I’d ask if there was such a thing as micro clapton available in spools instead of the typical G string sized Clapton’s.
    I haven’t tried ribbon or many other types of wire except kanthal and just a few of TC wire types.
    Parallel so far has done the best in terms of both flavor and cell life.
    Since I prefer single cell mods using any thing more than dual micro coils draws too much current and shortens battery life.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited:

petrotech

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 9, 2015
    indiana
    I've been using single claptons in 26/36 and 28/36 all 316L at .6ohm (thats 8 wraps at 2.5mm). They have enough vaper for me, good flavor, not too hot, and good battery life. I'm running them in a mechanical and regulated at 20w.

how's the ramp up time on your mech? I tried some claptons on a mech, but they took waaaay to long to heat up for me.

Reactions: stols001

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    how's the ramp up time on your mech? I tried some claptons on a mech, but they took waaaay to long to heat up for me.
    I'm using a 20700 with Ijoys and there is hardly any, you notice a little more with a 18650 but only a couple of seconds. I found the wire at Lighting Vapes.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    I built 28/34 claptons for my STM for a long time. It was a tight fit to make a higher ohm build, 1.4ohm using a 3.5mmID I had to make it fit along being so big the coil took up lots of airflow space. Just for kicks one day I made a 30/34 clapton, built a 2.5mmID 5 wrap coil and it came out to be 1.4ohm and nicely fits into the STM. Great cloudz and much easier on the batts than using 28 gauge. I use both 30g SS or kanthal as core and again either 34g kanthal or SS as wraps. Looking one day to order some 36, 38 and maybe finer wire to see how they work but for now the 250ft spools of 34 gauge I have just do fine.
    Not having to rely on storebought coils you have a much broader ability making your own claptons..their not hard at all to make.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Just for fun, I built some 26/26/40 fused clapton wire with SS 316. I put a coil in a Hurricane 1.3...it's fine but it's no better than a standard round wire build. I usually run 24ga SS round wire in a Hurricane. Spaced coil. THe Clapton stuff is fun to make and pretty to look at, but performance wise, it offers no benefits to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread