Status
Not open for further replies.

Monda

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
I bought this pen-style from this site

The Vision Electric Cigarette, Kits and Accessories | Smart Smoke

but would like to order parts for it from a less expensive site. The issue is this is the only pen style I have used and they don't list the model type so I am guessing that it is the 801. I don't want to waste $$$ ordering parts that won't work with this ecig.

Any thoughts?

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
It looks like it, but I'm not sure. I've never heard of this company before so it's hard to say. You can get 801 pieces parts pretty reasonable, much more so than their site. Vapor Kings has 801 compatible automatic batteries (though limited on options, but pretty cheap) last I purchased they were 5.45 ea, also they do make 801 cartomizers now pretty inexpensively as well, can't remember which site, but check around in this area for talk on the 801 cartomizers, approx 2.50/up ea. Otherwise the attys are 8-9./up depending on where you order from. Hope this helps, hope someone else has more information for you!

KDK

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
Fresno Ca. USA
Wow! That's a lot more expensive than what I've been paying for 801 parts! I"ve been buying from Indy Vaorshop for a lot less than that. Sorry, I don't don't know how to give you the little thing you click on to put you in the right place, but it's Indyvaporshpp.com and they have parts for a lot less. I get 10 attys for less than $ 60.00 including shipping! And they have a choice of different attys that all fit on a 801 battery. I've had good service from them, and I have never gotten an atty that was DOA. Good company IMO.

notime4nooky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
milton freewater, oregon
yeah i bought my first kit from smart smoke, and felt totally stupid for paying that much after i did more research. i also got the vision, from a Kiosk in Northtown Mall in Spokane, and it is a true 801, so any parts u get for an 801 will fit. ikenvape.com has LR (low Resistance) atties on sale right now for 5.00, and i've heard good things about them. also vaporcig.com has them for 4.95 but i'm not sure about the brand, i think it is Royal Smoker, which i don't know much about.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
What is the differnece in 801 vs 510's atty's besides the connection point? Do they burn hotter, have bigger wicks and bridges. Why do people by adapters for their 510 to run an 801 atty? Is the taste adn vapor that much different?

801's are the largest atty on the market. They hold more liquid and run cooler than a 510. Their resistence is about 3.0. Many of us prefer them using a 5 volt or variable volt PV because they will give a very good throat hit at that power level but allows you to taste the flavor more than a 510, IMO.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
What is the differnece in 801 vs 510's atty's besides the connection point? Do they burn hotter, have bigger wicks and bridges. Why do people by adapters for their 510 to run an 801 atty? Is the taste adn vapor that much different?

Different atty have different characteristics. I think 801s have a "wetter" more flavorful vape than 510s. The std 801s are around 3 ohms while the std 510 is around 2.3 ohms, so the std is considerably cooler than a 510 (too cool for me on 3.7v devices), but there are also LR801s and 2ohm'ish resistance on 3.7v batts is a really nice vape for me. I have 510-801 adapters to run 2 ohm 801s on my battery MODs... 2 ohms at 3.7v and 3.5 ohms at 6v.

Just like with different flavors, the only way to really know is to try some different attys and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread