Pen style 801 or RN???? which do I have

Status
Not open for further replies.

makdevo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Portland Oregon
Greetings oh learnerd ones

I have several pen styles and now I am very confused. I am not sure which parts are interchangeable or what I should buy.

Vapor 1000 looks like a pen style acts like a pen style but they don't offer a pass through.
Janty kissbox looks like a pen style acts like a pen style, already have their pass thru buth can't buy parts.

PS classic, looks like a pen style acts like a pen style but is not compatible with vapor 1000 or David Yang USB pen combo.

David Yang Pen style USB pass thru combo works great but can't get ato's.

I think I went a little overboard. So now I want to buy atomizers. Pure Smoker says theres is a DSE801, but it is not

David yang USB pass thru says it is a 801, but it is not.

Vapor 1000 does not say anything it is compatible with. Likely nothing

Janty kissbox may or may not be compatible with anything else I have, someone said that Pure Smoker classic (that is not a 801) is, but I don't know

I bought real DSE801 pen style atomizers that will not work with any of these, maybe they will work with DSE801's that are real DSE801's that I don't seem to have right now.

At this point I don't know what atomizers to but for any of my stuff because Pure Smoker, David Yang, or Janty never have stock.

I guess I should go back to the 901, but the pen style is so much better if you can get parts.

If I want to stick to real DSE801, how do I know when it is a real DSE801?

Is the rio ato compatible with vapor 1000?

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Greetings oh learnerd ones

I have several pen styles and now I am very confused. I am not sure which parts are interchangeable or what I should buy.

Vapor 1000 looks like a pen style acts like a pen style but they don't offer a pass through.
Janty kissbox looks like a pen style acts like a pen style, already have their pass thru buth can't buy parts.

PS classic, looks like a pen style acts like a pen style but is not compatible with vapor 1000 or David Yang USB pen combo.

David Yang Pen style USB pass thru combo works great but can't get ato's.

I think I went a little overboard. So now I want to buy atomizers. Pure Smoker says theres is a DSE801, but it is not

David yang USB pass thru says it is a 801, but it is not.

Vapor 1000 does not say anything it is compatible with. Likely nothing

Janty kissbox may or may not be compatible with anything else I have, someone said that Pure Smoker classic (that is not a 801) is, but I don't know

I bought real DSE801 pen style atomizers that will not work with any of these, maybe they will work with DSE801's that are real DSE801's that I don't seem to have right now.

At this point I don't know what atomizers to but for any of my stuff because Pure Smoker, David Yang, or Janty never have stock.

I guess I should go back to the 901, but the pen style is so much better if you can get parts.

If I want to stick to real DSE801, how do I know when it is a real DSE801?

Is the rio ato compatible with vapor 1000?

Mak--many sell the RN4072 or versions of the 801. The best way to tell if you have an 801 is to look at the atomizer connection that goes to the battery. If the peg in the middle is very wide, then it is an 801. If the peg is small in diameter, then it is an RN4072. There are several manufactures of the 801 and you really can not go wrong with most. Take Best's BE112--that is a great 801!!! As for the RN4072, I will take a pass as the failure rate is way to high with them. Too high a burn rate that wastes e-liquid and causes a quick build up of residue on the coil which causes a lack of heat disperstion and eventual failure----Sun

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
OK, let's take one step at a time.

I first bought a penstyle from bestecig.com I had no idea if it was an 801 or RN. Then a member here was selling a penstyle for a good price so thinking it was the same as I had, I bought it. Come to find out, it was a bigger build....the battery was a bit bigger, as were the atomizers, and the carts were shorter and "stockier" than the ones I had. BUT....all the parts fit together so I didn't think anything of it.

I continued to buy my batts from bestecig.....but then I bought a passthrough from Yang and the atomizers blew me away. I found they were 4 holes so I started using those instead of the 2 hole ones I was getting from bestecig. Those atomizers fit my penstyles with no problem.

Then I bought some atomizers from PS because he said his were 4 hole. Those worked great with the devices above.

Then I bought a Janty KB. I did, and still do, use all my atomizers on the KB passthrough and pens with no problem.

I still have no idea if any of what I own is 801 or RN, but they all fit together so I don't care.

I'm not sure why your not finding compatibility. The 801 and RN parts should fit together and work with the KB and the DY passthrough.

Lu

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Imust say that after reading your post, I am more confused. lol

Mukky--What we are saying is that there should be no compatablity issues between an RN4072 and an 801--telling the difference between the two is acadmic unless you are trying to stay away from an RN4072--Another way to tell the difference between the two is that the 801 has a larger diameter hole for the cartridge then the RN4072. An 801 Cartridge will be loose in a RN4072 atomizer--Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Is the 4 hole really that much better than the bestecigs 2 hole?

Like worth paying davids retail price or $250 min order from central?

Phalse--the Best BE112 (801) is a great unit. This whole business about holes is a lot of bunk when it comes to the Pens--IMO--the RN4072 with 4 holes is too hot a unit that burns and wastes e-liquid and kills the atomizer--I will be posting indepth photos of the 2 side by side as there are many more design features between the two that can not be scene---Sun

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I've also been wondering the same thing. Then I found this post by GrimmGreen on another thread:

801 battery on a 4072 atomizer - fail
4072 batter on a 801 atomizer - win
4072 cart on an 801 atomizer - semi win ( came down a little to far , slight burning flavor )
801 cart on a 4072 atomizer - win ( much easier draw , sometimes the 4072 can be a little stiff for my tastes ) pull the batting down a little bit and it makes good contact with the wick , but it seems to be not as snug around the top. Doesn't "click in" as well

Oceaneco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Santa Fe, NM
I just want to thank you for your in depth discussion on the difference of the 801 ats! I just purchased, what I thought to be dse801 ats from MyVaporStore and they are in fact RN4072's.
They do not work with the pass through that I purchased from them, but my DY 801 ats do!
One would have thought that they would have checked this out before selling two incompatible items.
I also purchased the 901 ats and 901 passthrough and there is no problem with those from them!
I noticed that the threading seems to be longer on the RN4072 as compared to the DSE801 as well, and as you mentioned, the post are fatter on the DSE801's as compared to the post on the RN4072's.
I also have the DY passthrough and the RN4072's do not work on that 801 Passthrough either!
Once again, Thank you Sun Vaporer for clearing that up!!

Oceaneco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Santa Fe, NM
Oceanco--yes they are and they are great!!!--Sun

Thanks for the Tip!!! That is where I will go from now on! I have been buying from DY and he is great and has great products, but there is quite a price diff! I don't care that much about prices if the product is good, but if u can get a deal that is the way to go!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Hey Sun, Do you have a Lady Pipe? I bought one and it doesn't seem to have very good suction through the at. I don't know if it is a bad pipe or if there is a trick to these?

Oceaneco--Mine was either a dud or it is not a good unit--I sent it packing on out of here bag and baggage--not worth the time or effort IMO---Sun

Oceaneco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Santa Fe, NM
Could someone post up a pic of the 801 next to the RN4072 so that I can see the size difference in the posts. I am trying to figure out if I have the RN or the 801.
Hey Mukky, if you go to MyVaporStore.com you can see a picture of the 801 ats. They are, I believe, the rn4072's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread