is this nic OD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I was working with some 24mg fluid yesterday, doing some DIY, and I spilled some on my hands. I was working next to a sink and washed my hands and equipment frequently with water, and at the end, soap.

I noticed for the rest of that evening I had less desire to go out and smoke or vape. I only had one cigarette before bed and I remember not being so eager to puff on it.

This morning I woke up early (I sometimes do), I also had a strung out, exhausted feeling and a sense of anxiety in my chest. I went out and tried smoking but it just wasn't very fun. Took a few puffs, put it out. I checked my BP and it was a little low for me, but not dangerously so.

I'm not sure what's going on... is DIY a good thing to get into? I'm a bit paranoid about getting e-liquid on my skin, but I'd rather be vaping or smoking nicotine, it's much more fun.

It could be something else going on. I've noticed my tolerance to nicotine decreasing somewhat the past few days. I can't stand full strength cigarettes now, whereas for a few days that's what I was smoking (Marlboro Red's- I'm usually a light smoker).

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
It may well have been psychosomatic or some unrelated illness. The nicotine really would not absorb that quickly, so if you washed your hands right after getting some on you, I really don't think it would have much of an effect. I've gotten 100 mg/ml on me and not suffered any problems at all. Note, I am not recommending a cavalier attitude towards high strength nicotine, but just saying it doesn't immediately soak into your skin and into your blood.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
There's a big difference in the way nic is absorbed & processed between analogs & vaping. The nic delivery from cigs in intense & fast; the nic delivery from vaping is slow & smooth (kind of time-released, in a way). It was explained to us 'early on' that is has something to do with the way the nicotine molecules bind to the pg/vg molecules, and with each pass through the liver, a bit more nicotine is unbound from pg/vg so it can be "felt". ('Haven't ever checked the physiological/biological accuracy of that -or the science of how pg/vg & nic might bind--, but it makes a helluvalotta sense and matched our experience 100%).

In the weeks we were switching we also noticed 'nic overload' from our cigs...and far less nic craving intensity. We were smoking analogs because we wanted them, but we didn't really have a nic-craving at all. And the more we vaped/smoked less, the more harsh/strong the analogs seemed to become. Finally, the analogs gave us sickeningly intense 'head spins'.

Every now & then, we blaze up a stinkie just to remind ourselves what really "tastes like a cig"...and it's just like we're smokin' a cig for the first time. Yeah, the cig manufacturers seriously alter the natural effects of smoking - no doubt about it.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I've noticed my tolerance to nicotine decreasing somewhat the past few days. I can't stand full strength cigarettes now, whereas for a few days that's what I was smoking (Marlboro Red's- I'm usually a light smoker).

Yup. Tolerance can drop really quickly. It only took a couple days of not smoking as much as usual, and I had that reaction. I smoked only half a pack a day; after vaping 2-3 days, a real cig ('ultra-light' at that) knocked me on my ... - dizzy, nauseous, blech. Tolerance can also rise quickly, if you remember from when you first started smoking.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
OK, I'm a bit less paranoid about nicotine now.

I've gotten over-nic'ed a few times vaping, and nicotine doesn't help my anxiety (real tobacco is a bit better about this), which is probably one reason I was so paranoid about it. Nicotine OD from vaping reminds me more of snuff or chew- it sneaks up on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread