Is this Smok RPM 40 situation dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillibobBilliamson

Dec 30, 2019
Hello everyone! I’m ready to sound stupid. So my smok RPM 40 battery got misplaced in the casing and it wasn’t working so I found I could jam something ( very small screwdriver) to push the battery and it would work I then tried to jam a piece of plastic to takes its place and then saw some clear liquid that smelled like super glue when I took out the piece of plastic. Then I reentered the screwdriver and filled the gap with super glue. Now my vape works.

Was that liquid battery acid? If so will it eat away the super glue and then cause poisonous gasses or any possible explosions? Or other hazards?

But I don’t want to throw it away because it still works and mostly because I don’t wanna buy a new one. Any experience?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, BillibobBilliamson. I don't know if that was battery acid. I kinda doubt it, it was probably just whatever glue was used to hold the thing together. But personally I would would safely dispose of the thing despite that it still works. Your safety is worth a lot more than the 30 - 40 bucks you paid for that pod. And don't get another Smok product, they're not really built too well.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Sorry but this doesn't sound good (besides the fact that Smok has a bad reputation around here) That's an internal battery and you jammed/rigged/glued it.... do you really want to be the next horror story about a vape device exploding? Get rid of it... don't look back. There are many other great deals on devices. Many people here to help you find another one. Have you ever heard of the movie "The Man Without a Face"? Seriously... toss it!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hello everyone! I’m ready to sound stupid. So my Smok RPM 40 battery got misplaced in the casing and it wasn’t working so I found I could jam something ( very small screwdriver) to push the battery and it would work I then tried to jam a piece of plastic to takes its place and then saw some clear liquid that smelled like super glue when I took out the piece of plastic. Then I reentered the screwdriver and filled the gap with super glue. Now my vape works.
    Was that liquid battery acid? If so will it eat away the super glue and then cause poisonous gasses or any possible explosions? Or other hazards?
    But I don’t want to throw it away because it still works and mostly because I don’t wanna buy a new one. Any experience?
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    I would not use it unless I was sure of what the problem is.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I would not use that piece of equipment anymore. It's one thing if you could actually tell what the liquid was but there shouldn't be just liquid in it unless you pierced the ejuice containment however Ejuice should not smell anything like super glue.

I don't think it's likely to be super glue because that would have been dry by now.

Your health and your well-being your hand your face hospital bills time off work etc will cost a whole lot more than buying another pod.

I regularly sea pod systems of various different kinds on sale for as low as $4 and some pretty good recognizable names for around fifteen to twenty dollars

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    should I give smok one more chance
    Why a bad rap?
    208 Smok Reviews and Complaints @ ...... Consumer
    Smok

Never risk your life or health with faulty batteries or battery devices. When in doubt, throw it out. The cost of replacement is way less than a trip to the ER or intensive care unit.

upload_2017-12-19_16-22-46-jpeg.706937

675-E-cig.jpg

First vape related death
    Second vape related death

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread