Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello and welcome back again folks for today's review of the smok RPM 25W Kit that I think is strictly a MTL kit and makes a very good starter kit for someone trying to break free from tobacco cigarettes. The RPM 25 was sent to me from sourcemore and can be purchased there using this link SMOK RPM 25W Kit 900mAh Pod System Kit. The RPM 25W Kit is a wattage only device and has a maximum wattage output of as the name suggest 25watts. If you like minimalistic you'll be happy to know there is only 1 button on the RPM 25 and it's not a fire button being that firing the device is done by auto-draw only. There a lot to cover so let's get started with my review of the Smok RPM 25W Kit.

paJrp4vANEcVM5dZ8vd7sQYrm9q.jpeg

COLOR CHOICES

RPM-25W-Kit-2.jpg

IN THE BOX

* 1pc Smok RPM 25W Device (900mAh)

* 1pc Smok RPM 25W Pod

* (LP1 Meshed 0.9ohm MTL Coil Preinstalled)(2ml)

* 1pc Smok LP1 Meshed 0.9ohm MTL Coil

* 1pc Type-C Cable

* 1pc User Manual

RPM-25W-Kit-13.jpg

FEATURES

* 900mAh Integrated Battery

* 0.96-inch OLED Display

* 5W-25W Output

* 2ml RPM 25W Pod

* Side Filling System

* Compatible With LP1 Coil Series

* Perfect For Nic Salt E-liquid

* Draw-activated

* Adjustable Airflow

* Leather Fuselage

PARAMETERS AND SPECIFICATION

* Size: 20.5 * 23.2 * 110.0mm

* Battery: Built-in 900mAh battery

* Output: 5W-25W

* lnput Voltage: 3.3V-4.2V

* Output Voltage: 1.5V-4.0V

* Overcharge Current: 1.75A+-0.6A

* Resistance Range: 0.6ohm-2.5ohm

* Charging Voltage: 5V+-0.2V

* Charging Current: Max 0.87A

* Overcharge Voltage: 4.3V+-0.05V

* Over-discharge Voltage: 2.4V+-0.05V

* Standby Current: <50uA

RPM-25W-Kit-20.jpg

EASY TO READ DISPLAY SCREEN

RPM-25W-Kit-24.jpg

ONE MULTIFUNCTIONAL BUTTON

RPM-25W-Kit-26.jpg

5 - 25 WATT POWER RANGE

RPM-25W-Kit-27.jpg

900MaH INTERNAL BATTERY

RPM-25W-Kit-28.jpg

ATTRACTIVE APPEARANCE

RPM-25W-Kit-23.jpg

ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW CONTROL

RPM-25W-Kit-21.jpg

RPM-25W-Kit-18.jpg

LEAK-RESISTANT DESIGN

RPM-25W-Kit-15.jpg

INCLUDED LP1 MESH COILS

RPM-25W-Kit-25.jpg

LP1 COIL PLATFORM

RPM-25W-Kit-29.jpg

SIDE FILL POD

RPM-25W-Kit-30.jpg

COMPONENTS

RPM-25W-Kit-19.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The Smok RPM 25 Kit comes packaged as most pod kits do with a box inside a sleeve, opening shows the RPM with the pod already installed in place with a coil installed in it as well, the 2nd coil that is the same as what' pre-installed is a 0.9Ω mesh coil that sits across from the device with the type-c charge cord below it. Your paper items of user manual, warranty card and safety card are on top of the components. Attractive was my first impression of the Smok RPM 25 Kit as well as being compact and lightweight.

20220807_145453.jpg

The pod that's supplied has a 2ml juice capacity and clicks into place with a noticeable click sound when installed into the device, there are also a couple of magnets that sit on the outer portion inside the device. Here's one of the indents that click into place very secure. One thing I wish was different with the pod was less tinting because in low light seeing your juice level is next to impossible.

20220807_160628.jpg

Two spring loaded gold contacts sit between the 2 outer magnets, this pod really locks into place with no worry of it coming out unless you pull it out and when you do you will need to use a lot of force.

Smok ships the RPM 25 Kit with a protective sticker saying OPEN covering the coil contact spots, with the RPM 25 being a auto-draw only device there is no need for this sticker but I guess Smok feels better safe than sorry. The sticker must be removed in order for the device to operate so fill the pod and then peel the sticker off.

20220807_150838.jpg

You have adjustable airflow using a wheel to adjust it to your liking, the airflow inlet of the wheel lines up with the airflow inlet of the coil for a direct travel flow of air without any airflow bouncing around.

20220807_152244.jpg

The RPM 25 Kit uses replaceable coils instead of replaceable pods which is a very good thing IMO for a couple of reasons, it's cheaper for the user, less pollution for the planet. When installing your new coil always prime it with a couple of drops of juice to get the wicking process started fasted.

The LP1 coil platform of coils uses flat spots at the coil base that have to be lined up with the flat spots of the pod, just prime the coil, line up the flat spots and push the coil all the way in until it seats in place and fill the pod, after filling the pod let it sit for about 5-10 minutes letting the juice saturate the coil.

20220807_154649.jpg

The pod uses a side fill method and has the rubber plug that lifts up exposing the fill port, there is a arrow pointing to the spot that needs to be lifted up. After lifting the rubber plug up you can rotate it out of the way if you wish for easier filling of the pod. The fill port is large making filling a mess free one.

20220807_160351.jpg

Now that the pods been covered let move on to the RPM 25 device, charging the 900mAh internal battery is done with a type-c connection located on the bottom of the device, normally I like a charge port on the face but there really is no room for it.

20220807_165417.jpg

The device is covered in a leather material that goes from one side of the display screen all the way around the spine to the other side of the display screen making for a very attractive appearance. On the spine of the device RPM 25 is embossed in between 2 rows of leather stitching going up and down.

20220807_160816.jpg

On the left side of the device Smok is embossed in the leather at the very bottom of the device, I like the silver outlined body against the white leather.

20220807_160728.jpg

We now come to the display screen and only button on the device that is not used to fire it being auto-draw only, but does control the adjustment of wattage upward only to 25w. There is a round robin feature on the Smok RPM 25 though, to adjust wattage press the button 3 times quickly and you will see the wattage begin to blink, each press of the button will increase wattage by 1 watt.

DISPLAY SCREEN FRON TOP TO BOTTOM

* Battery Bar

* Battery Percentage

* Watts

* Ohm Load

* Puff Counter

The button also is how to turn on/off the device with the standard 5 quick presses. It also clears the puff counter, in the manual it states the puff counter will clear itself when powered off but that is not correct, to clear the puff counter simply hold the button down for 3 seconds until it begins to blink, while blinking press the button to clear the puff counter.

20220807_161740.jpg

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

The first thing that comes to mind is the Smok RPM 25 Kit wakes for a very good starter kit for someone quitting cigarettes of wanting to try vaping. It's so easy and simple to use having a single button for a few tasks. The appearance is very attractive IMO being a vaper that likes leather on vaping devices, I feel it enhances to look even more.

The flavor is about average, I used a tobacco mix I make in testing the RPM 25 and not as good as a RTA in the flavor department it wasn't bad either. I wish that Smok included a 2nd coil of different Ω's instead of the 2nd coil being the same as the pre-installed one.

The size is another plus almost disappearing in a closed hand with only the pod and mouthpiece showing, the mouthpiece is fixed in place and part of the pod and also very comfortable to use, if it was changeable I would have left it on anyway.

The auto-draw works pretty good especially the tighter you dial it in and it can get pretty tight of a draw coming through it. I like the Smoke RPM 25 Kit and am giving it to a co-worker that is ready to finally quit smoking cigarettes and switch to vaping instead.

I would like to thank Joyi and Sourcemore for providing the RPM 25 Kit for the purpose of my review. I also hope I answered all your questions about the RPM 25 Kit from Smok.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread