The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Is this what I need?

Discussion in 'Atomizers and Cartridges' started by Fattlestar, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fattlestar

Fattlestar Ultra Member Verified Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Hi there. I'm looking at getting a simple bridgeless atomizer for taste testing purposes, and I'm not sure exactly what I need. I'm also not sure if the batteries I have are suitable for it.

I have an iStick and an MVPv2.

I'll be near an Altsmoke soon, and they carry these so I thought I would pick one or two up:

http://altsmoke.com/510-low-resistance-atomizer.html

Is that what I need? I've watched a few tutorial videos, but they haven't given me an exact "what to buy". I'm also not sure if I need to get a drip shield or a special drip tip (will a standard 510 drip tip from a clearo work?)

Any help would be appreciated!

2. DreamWithin

DreamWithin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 15, 2012
    New England
    Those should work just fine :) A drip shield is not a necessity and yes any standard 510 drip tip will work, so there aren't really any additional accessories you'd need to buy

3. Fattlestar

Fattlestar Ultra Member Verified Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Great, thanks a lot! I'm going to keep looking around, I've found some other places to order similar atty's from later on although they have features that I'm obviously not familiar with. I had no idea that dripping atomizers were so simple, pretty excited to be able to just try juice, rinse and repeat.

Is this also workable? http://shop.desertvapes.com/product.sc?productId=1382&categoryId=56

4. DreamWithin

Supporting member
    Jun 15, 2012
    New England
    Yep, those are essentially the same thing. there are plenty of different brands and styles out there, but in the end a 510 atty is a 510 atty ;-)

5. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Bridge-less were the goto for some drippers' and 306's were good also. Joyetech makes good ones.

They state that there's primer in them. You're gonna need to blow that out first. I think I put a little juice in the atty and blew that and the primer out from the top.

It tastes nasty.

6. DreamWithin

Supporting member
    Jun 15, 2012
    New England
    Now, here's a suggestion just based on personal taste. For disposable drip attys, I actually prefer standard resistance when using a VV or VW device. Since you can adjust your voltage/wattage, the higher resistance allows you more room to fine-tune your vape with a higher resistance atty. Just my personal preference :2c:

Ultimately it's all about what YOU like, of course. Just saying you shouldn't limit yourself to only LR attys if you find a good deal on SR ones

7. y cherry y

y cherry y Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Empire Mods sells a very high quality 510 atty for $5.99. That's always my first suggestion. If price doesn't matter, Cisco Spec atties from Avidvaper are probably slightly better built than the EM ones.

8. botibill

botibill Full Member

Feb 7, 2015
    KS
    I have some of the 357 long barrels from Avidvaper and they work really well for juice tasting. They are a little more higher priced but they last for a long time. And on there website there are videos on how to use them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.