Issue with fire button

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Hi, I have had my eVic for about a month and it has been working great. Yesterday, when I pressed the fire button, it clicked in and stayed in further than it has before. It used to stick out about 1/4 inch and it is now about 1/8 inch. It is not fireing when I am not pressing the button. Unfortunately, when I put it on to charge last night (it was at about 25% charged) and awoke this morning, it is only at about 34% charge after about 9 hours charging. I have written the vendor but am wondering if anyone has had a similar issue.

Thanks for your help.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hope it holds up for a while. You will likely eventually need a replacement head.
The button is pressing a switch on a Fixed position circuit board. 1 of 2 in the head. the only way the button Can go in to far is if the Board is driven out of position. Not to easy to accomplish in the eVic design.

The good new is:
The eVic button only sticks out 1mm or so. Yours may have never been properly seated. 1/4" is WAY to far out. Now that it is in place you may never have another issue.:D

I highly recommend an External charger and second battery.
External does a better job and evic has some heat issues with charging internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread