The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Issue with my g-priv 2

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by ethanvapes33, Mar 8, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ethanvapes33

ethanvapes33 New Member

Feb 22, 2018
    the screen on my gpriv 2 has started to disconnect from the mod itself. it still functions perfectly fine but on the one side the screen pops out i’ve tried pushing it back in but it just pops out
  2. NealBJr

NealBJr Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Lawrenceville, Ga.
    It would help if pictures were provided so I know exactly where it's coming apart. If I'm not mistaken, it's the glass and digitizer that is coming off? I wold imagine it is something similar to cellphones, where there is a double sided sticky tape that keeps the glass and digitizer on the front faceplate. If it's under warranty, I would suggest taking it back to where you bought it from first, to see if they will replace it. If not, Try going to Smok and see if they'll be willing to replace it.

If it's not under warranty, or you wish to try and fix it yourself, I'd suggest taking it to a cellphone repair place to see if they could help you out. Even if they say they don't repair ecigarettes, just explain to them that it's just the LCD you wish them to repair If anything, ask if they have any of the double sided sticky tape used to keep digitizers on cellphones. If you want to buy the tape for yourself, you can check out ebay or amazon. Here's a few examples..
    Another Ebay
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Mr. Relentless

Mr. Relentless Super Member

Oct 17, 2017
    On the g priv 1 if you remove the battery cover then the battery housing there are only 2 screws top and bottom in the middle that go into the screen backing. Might just need tightning.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I would try the above suggestions and if that doesn't work, perhaps look at warrantying it if it's still in the warranty period. I don't own that mod so I'm not super familiar with it, but it sounds like something potentially fixable, in whatever creative method you need to use.

Best of luck, and welcome.

5. BrotherBob

BrotherBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Could contact:
    local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
    Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
    Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise
    • Like Like x 1