Issues Aerotank V2 / Dual Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Borg

Jan 31, 2015
HI Guys.. glad i found this forum i have a question that has been keeping me on edge for a while.

I have a Aerotank V2 that came with 2 x 1.8ohm dual coils.. I am a heavy vapour so they ran our after about 5-7 days.. burn taste... I purchased 5 boxes of 2.0ohm coils seeing i was running out so quickly.. but for some reason i cant seem to get right voltage on them i always get burn taset from the start have some 1.5ohm they are the same work fine for a day or 2 and then they useless..

I have 3 batteries.. 1 is a vision spinner I 3.3v-4.8 v and 2x vision spinner II

Can someone guide me to what i am doing wrong please.. maybe i have the wrong batteries or something .. something is just bot right

Thanks In Advance :)

Last edited:

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
Have you been priming your coils, or letting them sit for a bit?

When you install a new coil, put a drop or two of liquid on each feed hole. Then, when you reinstall the base, either let it sit for 15 minutes or so, or take some cold hits (draw on it without hitting the button).

Take a few for juice to actually wick into the coil. Hitting the fire button right away will give you a burnt coil

thefleck

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
CA
Yep me too. I converted to rebuildable tanks recently simply to spare the cost of replacing those coils. I was spending more on coils alone than I was on ciggys. My aero-tank was awesome but the flavor died down noticeably after a day or two. Then kind of tasted muted/slightly burnt until it died. With heavy use I wouldn't expect them to last longer than a few days. If you are priming them with some juice and letting them sit a little before use, it's probably just the coils.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum Ryan. Glad to have you here!:)

If you are getting a burnt taste (we call those "dry hits"), if usually means your wick cannot pull the eliquid fast enough to keep up with your battery. There are a couple of things you can do:

1. Dial down your voltage. This will vaporize the eliquid at a slower rate (if your battery allows you to do this).
2. Decrease the airflow, if your tank has adjustable airflow. The decrease in airflow will increase vacuum inside the tank's atomizer, which should increase the flow of juice to the wick.
3. Take a sharp draw (or two) on your drip tip (without engaging your battery) while covering the airflow hole. This will pull more eliquid into the coil so that it will be available when you press the battery button and take a draw.

You will get the feel of this over time and develop a sense of how often you will need to do this to avoid "dry hits". The PG/VG ratio of your eliquid also comes into play, as VG is thicker than PG . If you use high VG try adding a few drops of distilled water to your tank to thin out the eliquid. You could also install a higher ohm coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread