Issues with my Carto's

Status
Not open for further replies.

rel322

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Detroit, MI
I recently returned to vaping, and I found I'm still having the same issues I had when I left (shocker).

In a new carto i would put about 16-20 drops of juice and could puff for about 20-30 minutes without any problems. Afterwards, i would start getting a burning tasted of some sort. So I would refill it.

Even when I refill the same carto with the same flavor I would get maybe 10 puffs and it would turn back to a burnt taste.

a) is this normal?
b) where should i buy my carto's that'll give me a better "shelf" life?
c) someone suggested I try CE2? (said some people liked it and some people hated it. I did try clearomizers [CE1?] but dislike how they leaked.)

(btw, i use an 808D-1)

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
I find it takes 25-30 drops to properly fill a standard Boge type carto to start with and need to top up with around 15 drops every hour to keep the burnt taste away...once the burnt taste is there, it is virtually impossible to get rid of...filling them properly and keeping them so, is the best advice I can offer you......
madjack:2cool:

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
I've posted this method in another thread but thought it answers the question put forth here well too.

I never get burnt hits!!!

Every one has there way that works, this is mine.

1. Firstly on the initial fill I fill the larger condom 2/3 full and gently and gradually
push it on the "open" end (after removing the white cap).

2. Then stand it up on the thread side.
(I sometimes partially insert the carto into the spare condom so it stands upright better)
Physics will keep the juice out of the middle tube during both steps.

3. Wait 3 or 4 mins. then turn it upside down(condom on bottom) and slowly remove.
Any leftover juice in the condom I suck up with a syringe and shoot back thru the dropper in the bottle. If there is no juice left over, add more to the condom then repeat!

After a few hours vaping or whatever, I'll fill the condom 1/4 to 1/2 way and repeat.
If I had put too much juice in the condom on the refill, it will still be in the condom.
If there is no juice left in the condom and the filler does not look soaked, add more
juice to the condom and repeat.

No muss minimal fuss. Vaped hard and always put away wet. YMMV

Cheers Hitme:vapor::vapor:

Edit...Of course if you severely overfill the condom juice will come out the tube.
Just don't severely overfill the condom, you can add a little more later.

Last edited:

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Just FYI, don't threw away 808 cartos. Get VV mode, 510/808 adapter and tank. I'm using 808 Mistic and Boge heavy used cartos (was ready to dispose them into a garbage) with the tank w/o problem. Just remove the paper and punch a small hole (above connector) in the carto. Use the standard carto on 4.5-5V. They won't gets burned, stays wet and lasts a very long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread