Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I didn't jump on the istick 20 watt bandwagon and kinda glad I didn't. I have been hearing complaints about the threads stripping easily.

I notice however that the Istck 30 watt is supposed to have stainless steel threading.

So my question is for the people who already have gotten one of these. Is the threading stainless steel and have you noticed anymore improvemnents over the 20 watt?

Thanks!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
All issues with the original 20W were addressed and fixed by Eleaf (except for the rattle in the firing button) on the new 30W.

The threads are solid stainless, there is no overhand with the new top cap, and the vape is smoother/cleaner in normal wattage ranges. And with the new spring-loaded 510 connection, everything sits flush.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
what tanks are y'all using on your 30 watt iStick

I've used a Lemo, Atlantis, SubTank (the original behemoth with the beauty ring), Delta II. Also popped a Magma on there. All of them are flush and looked fine. Well, the SubTank looks kind of ridiculous on anything but it was flush.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I've noticed a few of the dry fire button presses that also affected the 20w version but to me not a big deal considering how infrequently it happens. I never had a problem with the 20w threads but realize the less mechanically inclined did. The stainless steel threads in the 30w fixed that though. The biggest difference for me is the vastly improved voltage regulation. I am very pleased with the 30W iSticks as I was with the original 20W version despite its flaws.

If you need a frame of reference my vaunted Provaris (3 of them including a P3) are now mostly collecting dust these days. The Provaris are great devices but can't compete when the comparative form factor and performance are compared.

Yeah, yeah, yeah the Provari diehards will no doubt weigh in with all their now increasingly stale canned arguments about customer support, dependability, yada yada. My 30w iStick gives me every bit the excellent vape experience as any of my Provaris or Semovars. Personally I'd much prefer a very quirky 2015 automobile with good performance to a rock solid 1960 Thunderbird with manual steering and hand crank windows, not that the T-Bird was ever rock solid.

For the price I consider the iStick a disposable device I would never expect to last 4 or 5 years or more. Besides which, what will the available technology be in 4 or 5 years? Why spend $200 - $300 on a device now when the technology behind that device will likely be eclipsed very quickly at the pace the vape world is now moving?

Last edited:

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
I've noticed a few of the dry fire button presses that also affected the 20w version but to me not a big deal considering how infrequently it happens. I never had a problem with the 20w threads but realize the less mechanically inclined did. The stainless steel threads in the 30w fixed that though. The biggest difference for me is the vastly improved voltage regulation. I am very pleased with the 30W iSticks as I was with the original 20W version despite its flaws.

If you need a frame of reference my vaunted Provaris (3 of them including a P3) are now mostly collecting dust these days. The Provaris are great devices but can't compete when the comparative form factor and performance are compared.

Yeah, yeah, yeah the Provari diehards will no doubt weigh in with all their now increasingly stale canned arguments about customer support, dependability, yada yada. My 30w iStick gives me every bit the excellent vape experience as any of my Provaris or Semovars. Personally I'd much prefer a very quirky 2015 automobile with good performance to a rock solid 1960 Thunderbird with manual steering and hand crank windows, not that the T-Bird was ever rock solid.

For the price I consider the iStick a disposable device I would never expect to last 4 or 5 years or more. Besides which, what will the available technology be in 4 or 5 years? Why spend $200 - $300 on a device now when the technology behind that device will likely be eclipsed very quickly at the pace the vape world is now moving?

I love my Provari and I love my Istick, going to wait for the 50 watt version though.
I get what you're saying though - no arguments here.

jonig35

Jan 16, 2015
Arkansas

So glad to hear it's been fixed. I hadn't gotten an iStick yet but am about to pull the trigger and get the 30 watt. Today is my bday so it will be a gift to myself.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I got it today. Love it. I planned to use my Kanger Protank 3 Mini (the best tank I had at the time) on it, but the one I bought didn't come with an ego adapter! So I'm using an Aspire Nautilus Mini on it with fantastic results.

Anyway, I have an iStick question, too: Is this a Lithium-ion battery or what? Should we use it till it dies before charging? Should we keep it topped off? Between 30-80% charged?? I would really like to know as I've researched it a bit and could not find any answer.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Yeah, I've had no issues with the threads on my 30w either. Really enjoying it. The battery life is almost on par with the 20w iStick and the form factor is the same and feels great. The fire button still rattles but I'm not bothered by it. It's part of its charm in a way. It's hard to beat a 30w device that costs around $35 and works really well.

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
Im loving my 30 watt. the only thing ive noticed is that according to the display the watts settings are not 100% accurate. i havent actually measured it for my self. I was vaping at 15 watts and it said it was putting out 4 volts. For some reason i cant quite recall, i was playing arond in volt mode and 4 volt came out to 14.5 watts. went back into watt mode and put it to 15 watts and it read 4 volts. dont know if this is because it only displays in .1 increments or not. not bothering me either way just thought it was worth mentioning

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA

What dry fire presses??

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I also got mine from My Vapor Store but they're sold out in all colors right now. The only sites I found that have the 30w in stock only have the battery, no full kits. I've read that people have been able to use micro usb chargers from their cell phones to charge iSticks. In fact, a co-worker used hers to charge the 20w she bought that didn't come with a charger. Not sure which cell phone charger she has, though.

thefleck

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
CA
I also got mine from My Vapor Store but they're sold out in all colors right now. The only sites I found that have the 30w in stock only have the battery, no full kits. I've read that people have been able to use micro usb chargers from their cell phones to charge iSticks. In fact, a co-worker used hers to charge the 20w she bought that didn't come with a charger. Not sure which cell phone charger she has, though.

I think you should pretty much be able to use any micro USB cord plugged in to anything with a USB port. I've got about about 10 of these cords laying around the house... it's almost unnecessary to include them at this point. But I do appreciate a full kit.

Just got my 30W today and I'm already in love. The look and feel is way better than I was expecting. It's amazing how far the tech has come in the last year or two. People would have shelled out 200 bucks for this a couple years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread