Istick 30w

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshB

Jan 30, 2015
Had my istick for about a week and it's great apart from sometimes when I put my gs air it doesn't read it and I have to keep unscrewing it a little and then putting it back on to get it to read has anyone experienced this and is there anything I can/should do.
Also the ohm reader jumps around from 1.5 to 2.3 should I be worried about this?
Cheers JoshB

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
You might want to make sure your making good contact. That might be the reason for a non read. As far as the ohms they can change sometimes however jumping around is usually indicating a possible short, or loose lead. If it continues to jump I might try another coil. Hope this helps. Ideally your ohm reading should be consistant. If it's not it could indicate a issue with the coil or build or connection. Best wishes

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I have 2 iStick 30W's and haven't had any problems. As other people have posted, the resistance reading should remain consistent. If it's jumping around, it could be an indication that the base of the atomizer isn't making a solid connection with the 510 pin. Here's a couple things to check.

-The iStick 30W has a spring loaded 510 pin. Make sure the 510 pin in not stuck and moves when pressed. Remove the atomizer and test the 510 pin on the top of the iStick by pressing on it with the end of a something small like the end of a pen. The 510 pin should move up and down a couple of mm.

-Make sure the atomizer head in the GS Air is completely screwed down into the base. Try completely removing it and reinstalling.

-The coil in the atomizer head could be defective. Try another head.

-If none of those work, try a different tank.

Last edited:

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
That your connection appears to be sketchy/intermittent I agree with realsis that you should make sure that the 510 connector is properly working, in other words if you push on the 510 connector with a pen, there should be some up/down movement...if not it is the 510 connector. There is no way to adjust that, either it works or it does not.

If you are getting proper movement on the connector, then it may be simply a matter of your tank not making good connection. You might try cleaning your tank's connector, they can get a little fouled sometimes making proper connection problematical.

I have an iStick 30 and have not had a single device that has had any issue with the iStick's 510 connector.

AC81

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2015
Connecticut
I have that problem but on my 20 watt, and only after 3 months, I'm guessing because the 20 watt has a fixed connection. Its really annoying because I bought it right before the 30 watt came out. Problem has somewhat subsided as I now just use one tank on it (subtank nano with 1.2 ohm coil), but it still sucks. At home I threw my 5 ml Nautlius on a spinner which looks ridiculous but gets the job done if I want to change flavors. Can't decide if I wanna trust Eleaf and get a 30 watt iStick or go with an MVP 3.0 (much bigger, portability is key for me) or a Cloupor mini, or Segeli, etc. I really want to see how these devices hold up after a few months because I feel like all the reviews on youtube are right out of the box and I want a device to last me a minimum of a year without problems. Not 3 months like the iStick 20 watt. Feel free if you have suggestions, it seems they really made the 30 watt better so I'd like to know if anyone else had problems before I decide.

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
I almost got a free 50W iStick for saving this guys life!!! Just the other day!! No joke! It was a ticking timebomb in his pocket and I totally helped him out!! But he resinded on our deal. Totally bummed now that I saved his life and didn't get it.
Nice guys finish last I guess (or sometimes not at all! That's what she said!)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Can't decide if I wanna trust Eleaf and get a 30 watt iStick or go with an MVP 3.0 (much bigger, portability is key for me) or a Cloupor mini, or Segeli, etc. I really want to see how these devices hold up after a few months because I feel like all the reviews on youtube are right out of the box and I want a device to last me a minimum of a year without problems. Not 3 months like the iStick 20 watt. Feel free if you have suggestions, it seems they really made the 30 watt better so I'd like to know if anyone else had problems before I decide.

I loved my MVP2's...until I got my (1st) 30Watt-iStick. (I, subsequently, PIF'd my 3 MVP2's...they felt like bricks! :shock: ).

To help you decide...you may want to check out this list

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-z_V674p-5HYa9uzMqj1mq67da8-hnOOh2NNB2-ifgI/edit?pli=1#gid=0

from this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...40761-little-itty-bitty-mods-under-100-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread