iStick or Dna for the kayfun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveski

Oct 2, 2014
phoenix
I'm looking to buy either a dna or IStick to use with my kayfun as a daily vape. I'm planning to take it with me in my car to different places, so portability is kinda big for me. As of right now I'm not into dripping (tried it but didn't like constant having to put in juice). The real big issue I'm having between the two is I feel like I'm not sure when I could want more power. So I'm kind of hesitant going with the IStick. Which do you guys think would be a better choice?

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
From what I have read I would go with the DNA. I myself have never used or owned one. So take my opinion for what it's worth (Almost nothing). :)

On the contrary a very good choice. Another avenue for a large juice and long battery source could be a BF mod. Some are very small and pocket friendly....but expensive.

Krashman Von Stinkputin

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Missouri
I would love to have an rdna, but its way too much for me. Basically i have like a 80 or so dollar max at the moment.

At that budget the istick works fine with my KF Lite Plus however it is very top heavy with it on. I think the KF weighs more than the istick.
The istick is aluminum so is very light. At $35 bucks you could buy 2.

I was just about to pull the trigger on the VS rDNA (the one you can replace the batt) then PBusardo posted the video on the new EVOLV 40 board incoming
so I guess I'll be waiting for the rDNA 40. Think the cast zinc + 18650 batt will balance the weight of the KF better

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
South Central PA
My problem with the Istick is preliminary (read, amateur) tests seem to show that the regulation sucks.

It seems to use PWM or pulse width modulation to regulate the power which some folks believe leads to a less smooth vape. I'm in agreement.

The DNA 30 vapes smoother than a babies bottom. If you want small the Hana Modz Mini is amazing, slightly larger than the Vaporshark. If you don't have the scratch for a real one the Fasttech clone is awesome.
20140811_203740_LLS_zpscca76310.jpg

That's a 3.1 on the mini, so it's taller than a KFL.

gph61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
First review I found of the dna30 hana from FastTech was this ......http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yLft7LK9xT8 and that's put me off them.
I have one from focal. I believe it's made by KSD. it's the one with 4 air slots in the juice well. I've only had it for about 10 days but its been good other than the wake up delay in the chip that all the clones seem to have. Of course I've read complaints about the KSD version as well so who knows.

I don't know if it's still valid but I used a coupon from vapor joes canada to buy another for $40.50 US shipped. For some reason I can't post a valid link to the coupon because this server is breaking it by adding dots.

http://.........canada.blogspot.ca/2014/10/blowout-price-silver-china-dna30-box.html

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The only thing to remember about the DNA chip is that it is "step up" only, so you need a little higher resistance coil in your KF to take full advantage of it's capabilities.
    Actually I like the Kick-2 for a KF more than a DNA. My build works best down around 3.4v, and a DNA can't do that until the battery is damn near dead.
    (1.25 ohms @ 9 watts = 3.35v)

Now when the DNA40 & DNA25 come out, they will be able to reduce below battery voltage (step down as well as step up)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread