istick pico clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meinxerces

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2017
Colorado
Hey guys. It's been a while! So I've been vapeless for the past month or so. I have been using a crappy vape pen that my father in law gifted me a while back. It sucks though, I hate it and I've been really missing my old set up. Anyway a friend of mine recently gifted me an istick pico he picked up from one the local head shops. I was super hyped since like I said I've been using a crappy 20$ vape pen. So come to find out he bought it for me because it was super cheap. 30$ for the whole kit to be exact. Now I know that is waaaay cheap coming from a store because I've seen it this price online only. Anyway he goes on to tell me it was so cheap because it's a knock off. I have absolutely no experience with knock off mods or tanks and I have not used it yet because I don't know if it's gonna work properly or not. It feels good though, like it doesn't look or feel cheaply made. Had he not told me it was a knock off I wouldn't have even questioned it. Have any of you bought a clone before?? Is it really that different?? Is it more just frowned on because it's kind of like bootlegging?? Thanks guys.

Meinxerces

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2017
Colorado
While anything can happen, I don't know why someone would go to the trouble of making a knockoff of a $30 kit. The store actually told him it was a clone? Did it come in a box, or just the loose mod?
Yeah, the store told him hey this is so cheap because it's a knock off. It came in a box, with extra coils and everything.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Yeah, the store told him hey this is so cheap because it's a knock off. It came in a box, with extra coils and everything.

If it came in a box, there should be an authenticity sticker on the back. If you scrape it with a coin, there's a number underneath you can enter on their website to confirm authenticity.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
In the past when authentic attys/mods were outrageously expensive I bought many clones and was rarely disappointed in the quality I received. More recently, the price of authentic attys and mods began dropping to reasonable levels, since then I've just bought the originals. Even when quality is about equal I'm still willing to pay a little extra for an authentic. When it first came out I paid $25 (shipped) for my authentic Pico and at that price had no real interest in even searching for a clone. As long as manufacturers and retailers offer authentic mods/attys for a reasonable, fair market price I see no reason to shop for clones but that's just me.

Meinxerces

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2017
Colorado
Truly amazing. I did hear about kbox mini being cloned it doesn't make any sense to me. I bought Picos for $22

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Honestly the only reason why I haven't ordered a new kit online is because I haven't exactly had the money for one and because I don't want to wait for it to get here plus shipping. I also don't have a credit card so that makes things a little more difficult when trying to buy online. But most of the picos I've seen online have been like 50$ or more.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
A $25-30 kit? What would be the point of buying a clone?
Prices drop so much, so fast on new hardware. All you have to do is wait a few months. One of my local B&Ms has a shipment of (presumably genuine)
XCube IIs That they're selling for $30 each. I paid $80 for my first one. I'm going to pick up another one at that price, just to have a spare.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I guess I'm just wondering is it's gonna last me longer than 3 months. Cuz I don't want to be in the same spot a few months down the line with having nothing to vape.

The only way to find out is to use it.

Of course, I'm still trying to figure out why you were using a "crappy $20 vape pen" that only costs about $8..

Meinxerces

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2017
Colorado
The only way to find out is to use it.

Of course, I'm still trying to figure out why you were using a "crappy $20 vape pen" that only costs about $8..
haha Because my dense father in law bought it online for my brother in law who is an avid vapor user. He's veteran for sure and when he didn't want it because, it's crap, it was given to me. At that point I had JUST started vaping. It had been like 3 day's and I kept it as a back up.

Reactions: Eskie

ZCAR1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2014
San Antonio, TX, USA
"only major difference I've seen is the display on the screen is the opposite direction of how it's displayed on an authentic one"

You can reverse the direction of the screen on the Pico by pushing the "+" and "-" buttons at the same time for 2 seconds (with it powered off).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread