China clone craziness..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
I don't understand why everyone is going crazy over cheap china clone mods. Everyone knows that if you buy a cheap rolex knock off, its not going to be like a real rolex. So why do you buy a caravela or chi you clone, and not the real thing? I mean if you can't afford a good mechanical, why not just stick with your vamo? When you buy a china clone, you're just throwing money in the trash. Most of them don't vape well, and half the stuff they sell is not healthy or safe. It makes me think people like vapor joe are doing a dis-service to the vaping community, because after years of vaping out of plastic tanks, you might get some plastic built up in your lungs, ya know what I mean?

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
I don't understand why everyone is going crazy over cheap china clone mods. Everyone knows that if you buy a cheap rolex knock off, its not going to be like a real rolex. So why do you buy a caravela or chi you clone, and not the real thing? I mean if you can't afford a good mechanical, why not just stick with your vamo? When you buy a china clone, you're just throwing money in the trash. Most of them don't vape well, and half the stuff they sell is not healthy or safe. It makes me think people like vapor joe are doing a dis-service to the vaping community, because after years of vaping out of plastic tanks, you might get some plastic built up in your lungs, ya know what I mean?

You can't compare a Rolex to a Mod (Or knockoffs for that matter). Mods aren't that complicated, their actually quite a simple machine.

P.s. The same plastic tanks you get from your favorite ecig supplier here in the states more than likely got them from China.

Last edited:

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
You can't really compare a knockoff Rolex to a Mod. Mods aren't that complicated, their actually quite a simple machine.

P.s. The same plastic tanks you get from your favorite ecig supplier here in the states more than likely got them from China.

Yes I know, that's what I'm saying. Why don't we have some American companies, or other companies that make safe products? Oh wait, we do, just nobody buys from them because its a little more expensive. For me personally, I'll never buy another device with a polycarbonate, or any form of plastic tank ever again.

And yeah you can compare mods to a rolex. A caravela doesn't misfire, and doesn't have a 1.0 voltage loss, a caravela clone does. Caravela is made of brass. Clone, painted stainless steel. You get what I'm saying?

One of these days a sigelei is going to blow up in someone's face like a pipe bomb.

Zedd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
No it isn't this post is silly. Where do you think 90% of this stuff comes from? Being from China doesn't make something bad, it's a good thing too because most of us would be screwed. Do you think there's a handful of people using this stuff? No, it's a majority of us are using it and guess what... people aren't exploding. Even if the quality was cheaper I can buy 3 mods from china before the approach the price they sell at at the brick and mortar.

Asmotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
United States
...why not just stick with your vamo? When you buy a china clone, you're just throwing money in the trash. Most of them don't vape well, and half the stuff they sell is not healthy or safe.

So instead of going with a China mech clone, go with a China regulated clone like the Vamo? Are you just trolling?

I've been vaping on a Sigelei #20 for a bit over 2 weeks now, the thing works super well. Extra super well after I wiped down the internal switch mechanism with Oxgard last night. Do I wish I had a Roller instead, or a Gus Telescope, or some other high end mod? Hell yeah. But I'm not going to spend $100-250 bucks on a device as simple as these are. $250 bucks would get me a good ways towards my own (small scale) lathe, then I could just turn my own mod and call it a day.

For the cost (around $30) the majority of the China clones are good little machines that work as advertised. I see no need to drop the cash for a high end mod unless I have a bunch of money burning a hole in my pocket.

Zedd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
  • Deleted by Caridwen

BIG CL0UDS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
Tampa, FL
A lot of people buy clones because they do not have hundreds of dollars to throw on a mod. I have never owned a clone but I am looking at a caravela clone because I like the style of it and I know that I will most likely never get my hands on a real one. Just because someone sells a unit for $300 plus dollars does not mean it is truly worth the money and does not mean someone can not make a similar item that works just as good for a fraction of the price. It is all about if you really need that brand name behind it. Don't get me wrong though some knockoffs are obviously garbage though people just need to do proper research first...

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
US made mods look cool, and might work great, but there is absolutely no way in hell i would ever pay upwards of $200+ for what boils down to a tube and a battery. oh, and speaking of unsafe chinese goods. you know those fancy panasonic "japanese" battaries? guess where they are made.made in japan, made in the usa, made on mars doesnt mean what it used to mean anymore.
if you want to only buy US or local, rock on, but dont knock people for wanting to vape on a budget. most of us started this because the real ones were costing us too much money and health. so please forgive us for not wanting to drop a car payment on the latest and greatest US made VV/VW/VD/WGAS mod, and let people decide what THEY want to drop THEIR money on...i bought a US made car once, and it was a giant hunk of ....e in a pretty shell...just sayin.

Last edited:

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
Yes I know, that's what I'm saying. Why don't we have some American companies, or other companies that make safe products? Oh wait, we do, just nobody buys from them because its a little more expensive. For me personally, I'll never buy another device with a polycarbonate, or any form of plastic tank ever again.

And yeah you can compare mods to a rolex. A caravela doesn't misfire, and doesn't have a 1.0 voltage loss, a caravela clone does. Caravela is made of brass. Clone, painted stainless steel. You get what I'm saying?

One of these days a sigelei is going to blow up in someone's face like a pipe bomb.

"A little more expensive?" more like four times the price. If I could afford it I would, but I've got about $30 a month to spare and a $150 to $300 high end mod just isn't happening.

lam7

May 21, 2012
VA
For the same reason you buy a Toyota and not GM, or jeans from GAP and not ...oh what's the point. Because being "American" doesn't inherently make it better. And because not everybody on this forum is from America; but my guess is the OP doesn't realize there are other countries outside of the lower 48.

"Why don't we have some American companies, or other companies that make safe products?"

...? Are you saying that only American companies make safe products or are you saying that any company, so long as it's not a Chinese company, makes safe products?

"Oh wait, we do, just nobody buys from them because its a little more expensive."

Yea, because the only reason you would ever buy American is b/c it's more expensive. I'd sure hate to buy from the people that actually invented the d**n things.

"Most of them don't vape well, and half the stuff they sell is not healthy or safe."

Empirical and scientific no doubt.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: spam

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
my cheap chinese innokin MVP hunk o' garbage is the bomb (not literally) does EXACTLY what i need it to do, when i need it to do it, lasts a very very long time, and i can charge my equally worthless note 2 (korean crapholio) phone off of it. sure wish i had that super secret RCA or zenith mod to go with my usa made brick phone. if you cant tell, i am joking. my MVP is the champ, and the note2 is more badder than george thoroughgood and his delaware destroyers combined...

i am curious though as to why the OP thinks portugal and their caravelas are superior and wont blow up in someones face. i mean, they arent american made either, so how can you account for the saftey and nonbombieness of something coming out of dirty ole' portugal?"J/K" what makes portugal so much better than china or singapore or australia etc...?

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Really?? Do you even know where vaping was invented or by who? Do you know where 90% of eliquid comes from? Do you know where 100% of your atomizers, cartomizers and clearomizers come from?? Have there been numerous reports of people being harmed or sickened by vaping??

If you had said: I wish there were more American makers of vaping supplies so I could support the local economy, I could agree with that statement. But don't make wild statements about Chinese "vaping" products when the evidence "to date" points to their products working fine and being safe.

Last edited:

Bombers

Jun 17, 2013
United States
  • Deleted by Caridwen

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: keep it civil

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
Ah, well, geez, let me see...Did the Chinese ever invent anything worthwhile??? [scratches head and thinks so hard vapor comes out of her ears, or is it her nose?]

Oh, yeah, now I remember: minor stuff like paper, the compass, printmaking, moveable type, gunpowder, waterwheels, rudders, noodles and pasta probably, how to cultivate soybeans and create terraces, paper currency, dominoes, silk, blast furnaces...

and a whole, enormous, long, never-ending list of stuff stretching back thousands of years, including e-cigs...

So, hmmm, where did you say Fourth of July firecrackers originated?

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: keep it civil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread