it is a pointless crusade to fight for ecigs legality

Status
Not open for further replies.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
When I first discovered ecigs I immediately went to seek information on who the regulatory authority was and how soon it would be approved for sale in the general public. Not for my own benefit but because I saw the ecig as the holy grail for people looking to quit smoking, or simply switch to a less harmful method of satisfying the addiction or habit, which ever word you prefer to use.

I spent some time on the phone with the FDA and even contacted my congressman.

I spent most of that time also researching laws and court cases that were related to nicotine and drugs. The quest was filled with ups and downs.

A few months ago I stopped worrying about it. The conspiracy seemed to run so deep involving law makers, regulators and big corporations that I realized that no matter what I did I would be no match for the power of corporatism that has enveloped our economy, government and regulatory agencies.

The conclusion I came to was to just keep vaping, and let the free market take care of supplying me with what I need. There will always be a demand for revolutionary products like this, and the market will always find a way to deliver. There is not one banned product that is impossible to acquire. The internet made this even easier, and there will always be inventive marketers who figure out how to meet the demand while avoiding the red tape that is put in place.

In conclusion, vape on, and quit worrying about it.
If ecigs become main stream (already are in my opinion) then great.
If ecigs become illegal, then what ever, try and stop me.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Well there is quite a large part of the population that is vaping and it's growing daily. They did try it with alchahol too and that didn't work out so well. I'm just glad for this forum that has given me the know how to construct each and every part of an e-cig and the components aren't illegal. plus if it goes illegal I know I can find liquid nicotine again even though it would be hazardous. I'm so happy the FDA is looking out for my good health. They started making gas to exspensive so the American people started looking to alternatives there. I'm an American, don't count me out yet.

ChipCurtis

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
I just want to point out that some activism has had positive results, such as Gov. Arnold vetoing the bill that would have banned e-cigs in California. On the whole, however, I do see a lot of pointless crusading, such as "e-mailing the FDA", "writing your Senator" (ROTFL) and other such futile time-wasting activity.

I'm pretty much with robw on this. I just vape away and don't worry about it too much. I do keep informed, though. And I've got a 2-year supply of hardware and liquid.

Just think of the 1937 ban on marijuana, yeah that's working out real well, isn't it? Can't agree more with you: there will always be a way to deliver the goods no matter what the nanny laws say.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
While I agree with the vap on attitudes, I would like to see common sense starting to come out of Washington...

What was I thinking.... What a pipe dream... But it could happen if enough of us US citizens came together on election day and voted the bums out.

I do actually hold out good thoughts that one day the American Goverment will be working for the good of the American folks instead of what is good for their own pockets. It is a looooong stretch, but I do hold hope.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
While I agree with the vap on attitudes, I would like to see common sense starting to come out of Washington...

What was I thinking.... What a pipe dream... But it could happen if enough of us US citizens came together on election day and voted the bums out.

I do actually hold out good thoughts that one day the American Goverment will be working for the good of the American folks instead of what is good for their own pockets. It is a looooong stretch, but I do hold hope.

The problem is that when voting out the bums....our only option seems to be voting other bums in :confused:

Maureen

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
The one thing that I find the most interesting about the whole thing is that a lot of people have woken up to the reality of how corrupt our government can be. Until something effects you directly it's easy to ignore the tyranny that the government dishes out. Time will tell what direction they have decided to go with.

You will know the ban is on it's way when the propoganda on the MSM comes out strickly against it. Someone will die or something that isn't even true will be headline news. Then some Senator will come up with a bill to save us from ourselves. Each and every time the media focuses on anything for to long and make it headline news in a negative way you can count on it that the bill has already been writen and will soon be shoved down our throats.

The only way they will take my gun is from my cold dead hand and my 510 will be in my pocket.

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
I can tell you, if they do take legal e-cigs, a perfectly safe and responsible activity, away from me then I will make it my goal to perform one illegal activity per day from the rest of my ......n life. If trying to do the right thing is even prohibited, then why not just go with what makes you happy and to hell with the rules. Right?

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
I believe "they" have not factored into thier pathetic nany mentality bs agenda that this community is growing rapidly,communicates far more than they know and encompases people from all sides (even the wrong side) that are waking up those who didnt know.

They wont risk thier main agenda over this small issue...they have bigger plans.

Or I hope thats how it works out.

Last edited:

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
I do think that where there is a will, there's a way.
Vapers will go "underground" if need be. The modders will be able to go to their local "DIY" electronics store and find parts.
I do feel confident that as long as there can be sales of "V1@gr@" via the interwebs, there will be a way to get liquid nicotine and the DIY movement will continue.
Even if we're all buying menthol crystals, distilling our own tobacco, and mixing our own DIY flavors, the movement will continue.
What will suck is that there are some folks that vaping will become too expensive or too much work to continue, and they will go back to analogs.

If Big Brother decides that vaping is bad, but cigarettes make him money, therefore cigarettes are "good" - vaping will be thwarted.

Makes me angry, it does. WHY ISNT THE GOVERNMENT FOCUSING ON IMPORTANT .... ANYWAY?!! LIKE PUTTING PEOPLE BACK TO WORK?

karmatized

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
New York USA
www.happysmokes.com
The internet is a great place to plan stuff but it sucks for getting your point across. Anything and or anyone that can be ignored will be ignored if its not in your interest.

Letters and phone calls are a good start. Real stuff that they have to deal with. for example have a vape day. across all communities with the intent to jam up the government phone system with people trying to get there side in on the matter. Get a million people to write letters. have it look like that court scene out of miracle on 34th street.

anything that disrupts there work days gets there attention. I mean this with respect though. We cant write or call these people cussing them out, that's counter productive.

Like ledger said in batman
Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
im a agent of chaos
and you know the thing about chaos, its fear.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
The internet is a great place to plan stuff but it sucks for getting your point across. Anything and or anyone that can be ignored will be ignored if its not in your interest.

Letters and phone calls are a good start. Real stuff that they have to deal with. for example have a vape day. across all communities with the intent to jam up the government phone system with people trying to get there side in on the matter. Get a million people to write letters. have it look like that court scene out of miracle on 34th street.

anything that disrupts there work days gets there attention. I mean this with respect though. We cant write or call these people cussing them out, that's counter productive.

Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
im a agent of chaos

I do wish we could get a million of the Vapers across the country to write letters and make telephone calls. We don't know there are a million, but there are some people in the know that guesstimates we have close to that. The internet is just a small part of the Vaping scene. Most people are getting their PVs at the malls and truck stops. They don't use the internet so don't have access to the forums or they just don't use the forums.

I don't think most of the mall/truck stop buyers knows what is going on.

sporkboy

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Houston, TX

im a agent of chaos

I agree that the impact comes across with heavy action days. Fax is a wonderful tool at that time as well. with other groups I work with we broke 14 fax machines in one day leading up to a vote and speaking with a few of the congressmen that I have gotten to know affected several votes to beat out that helmet law change. Writing/calling your congressperson only becomes effective if they recognize your name (comes with time of harassing) I have had my federal congressman call me back for more details on an issue I had contacted his office about on several occasions. and state representatives just see me around town and ask for my opinion on issues, STAYING active can get results!

Looking forward to a new issue to educate MY public servants on, should be a good fight

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
I agree that the impact comes across with heavy action days. Fax is a wonderful tool at that time as well. with other groups I work with we broke 14 fax machines in one day leading up to a vote and speaking with a few of the congressmen that I have gotten to know affected several votes to beat out that helmet law change. Writing/calling your congressperson only becomes effective if they recognize your name (comes with time of harassing) I have had my federal congressman call me back for more details on an issue I had contacted his office about on several occasions. and state representatives just see me around town and ask for my opinion on issues, STAYING active can get results!

Looking forward to a new issue to educate MY public servants on, should be a good fight

Sporkboy, you can work on some of the others congresspersons, state legislatures, state senators, they need edification too. They are all fair game.

I have fax software on my computer, and a lot of computer come with this software. If not go to CNET and get some free. We need to use every tool we have to influence these people to make good decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread