Not open for further replies.

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
Ok after smoking all my life I was able to quit 20 months ago
I just moved 1000 miles in a 36 ft truck that didn't seam to run right or going to make it there .
so after a hard packing , loading , and getting here I was stressed out big time but all thru that I never even one time think I needed a smoke .
if I ever was going to smoke that was the time .
best wishes all

Last edited:

The Cloud Minder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Ok after smoking all my life I was able to quit 20 months ago
I just moved 1000 miles in a 36 ft truck that didn't seam to run right or going to make it there .
so after a hard packing , loading , and getting here I was stressed out big time bit all thru that I never even one time think I needed a smoke .
if I ever was going to smoke that was the time .
best wishes all

CONGRATS

(oh, and here are 2 "l"'s I wasn't using for your "realy, realy" >>>> l, l )

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Big congrats to you. Isn't it a wonderful feeling? That is great you have been vaping almost 2 years. Vaping is the only thing that I have ever tried (and there has been a lot) that has worked. Loved it from the beginning. I see you around a lot. ECF is just a wonderful place to be with a lot of very nice people. It has almost become a family to me. Congrats again.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Congratulations, Harlen. Glad you made the move safely and without cigs.

We had our own nightmare move in 2012, from Ohio to California. Thankfully, we had discovered vaping shortly before the move, and there was no temptation to go back to smoking once we started vaping. We had already been off cigarettes for around 6 years by then, but having intense cravings due to stress (thinking about having to move, among other things). Vaping has helped us to continue to be successful ex-smokers.

Good luck in your new home.

bohrdom

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Foster City, CA, USA
Congrats!! Moves are really rough - especially with all that driving! Kudos to you for staying strong. Agreed with Jetsetter - I've had a smoke every now and then, in situations of being really stressed out. The cig didn't help at all - as soon as it was done, I immediately picked up my PV to get back the taste of fruity goodness.

While we're on the topic, quick fun Uhaul story:

I had a 2014 filled with multiple cross-country moves (long story). During one leg, I returned the Uhaul truck, which I was naturally vaping away in like nothing was nothing. The guy came out to inspect the truck when I returned it, and as soon as he jumped in the driver's seat to note the gas I realized I'd forgotten to stow the spinner I was using, and that it was just sitting in the cup holder ready for action. I thought for sure he was going to try and slam me with a smoking charge, that particular Uhaul location was infamous for punitive charges. I got ready to put on the boxing gloves and start arguing the charges. The guy stepped out and was like, "Is that the Vision Spinner 2? That's a really cool little device." Turned out he worked in a local smoke shop part time and Uhaul the other part of the time. We proceeded to have a long conversation about different hardware, his favorite juices, and the rise of vapor in the local community. It was way cool and he turned me on to some interesting-sounding juices. (which I admittedly have yet to order...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread