Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I just searched for my success story and nothing came up. It has been a long time and maybe it is in an obscure folder on a server somewhere. Anyway, I wrote this a while back and sent it…somewhere for someone to read, probably a politician. I hope others tell their story and e-mail it to their local, state, and federal officials.

I quit smoking. I smoked a pack a day for 35 years and I tried multiple ways of quitting, all to no avail because they did not address the habits associated with smoking beyond the nicotine. Later in those 35 years, I knew that my windage during exercise was effected. Being in the military, it was an issue.

At my age and years of smoking, I knew that my health was declining. The oxygen in my blood was at a low level, my blood pressure was always high, and, well, my doctor knows the technical stuff. I did talk to my doctor about it and he wholeheartedly approved my switching.

Several of my friends started vaping and I listened. They were enthused and grateful about the changes that using a vaporizer gave as compared to smoking. They kept talking about things like gaining smell and taste, not stinking, and having more energy. They were the first ones that really gave me hope for something that I knew was killing me.

For me, I do know that one day I smoked, the next day I was using a vaporizer. I never went back. I have lowered my nicotine content by 95% in the last 2+ years. Not only just the nicotine urges are lowered, but all the other chemical needs that cigarette makers put into their products to keep me smoking are eliminated. I have to say, that I do enjoy a good vape. I like to tell people that in the evening, my wife has apple pie and I vape apple pie for zero calories. Yes, I still have my sweet tooth, but I don't need the sugar. Anyway, my doctor has twice run tests and both showed corrections for my better health.

I encourage smokers to give it a try and the Electronic Cigarette Forum provides a lot of information in making it work. Sometimes they say that it is dangerous and I also tell them that, just like bleach, to be responsible about it.

For me, my health got a lot better, breathing, smelling, tasting, they are all much better. I now sometimes even forget to vape because I vape so little nicotine. It works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread