ITaste MVP 2.0 or iTaste VV v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinz

Oct 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Been vaping for a couple of weeeks on some cheap knock off PV. Looking to upgrade to something nicer. After looking online I'm not sure whether to get the MVP or the VV. Both look good to me. Which one delivers a better tasting vapor? I want to know what you guys think because you've been so helpful so far. Also are there any similar products you guys think are better than the 2 I mentioned?

Thanks!

- Phinz

DigitalGuitarist

Oct 11, 2013
NC
I took a similar path... Started with cheap & small ecigs, then moved onto the eGo-style -- much better!

Then on a whim, I bought the iTaste VV v3 -- great product! It has everything I like about the eGo's, plus many more features. And most importantly, a great vape experience! And I'm getting ~6 hours of vape time per charge.

But I still wanted more battery life... I thought about buying more VV v3's (and I might still do that). But I decided to try going "bigger", and recently got the iTaste MVP 2.0 -- another great product! It has everything I love about the VV v3 along with a much bigger battery (~2 days per charge).

If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably just buy these two products -- very satisfied with both. To me, the vape experience on both is essentially the same, but I use them differently... VV v3 for around the house or running around town -- slim & lightweight. MVP 2.0 for when I'm out for a while, on trips, etc -- no worries of running out of a charge. So it depends upon your needs, but I say you cannot go wrong with either -- or both :)

Last edited:

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Taste and vapor production has a lot to do with what type of atty, tank, etc you are using, and what type of juice you have. Your setup will only be as good as your weakest link. I have been vaping for around three and a half years, and personally, I'm hooked on the MVP. I have to admit though, I like the box mod shape. The battery life on the MVP is the best you will find anywhere. It will last at least 1.5 days of pretty heavy vaping. That's kind of a big deal to me. I don't have a lick of experience with the VV V3, but it is quite well liked. If it were me, I'd say MVP hands down. Obviously I guess, it's still my go to.

As a new vaper, you will find yourself gradually breaking away from something that is close in size and shape to a cig. You will finally just say screw it, "I want performance." Knowing what I know now, I wish I had have had someone to peer pressure me into getting a high performance device that looked more like a garage door opener than a cig. Do with this information what you will.

Last edited:

Limner

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Western USA
I have both the MVPv2 and a VVv3, and I dearly love both. Either is an excellent buy.

Both are variable voltage/variable wattage, both have an ohm checker, both have a puff counter (actually a trigger-press counter) which I suspect most people find only marginally useful, if at all. Both have a pass-through capability, meaning you can use them while charging.

If you don't mind the brick-like form factor (its dimensions are roughly 1-1/2 by 3-1/2 by 3/4 inches) and heavier weight (about 5 ounces) of the MVP, it is IMHO a stellar device -- I get over 20 hours of use before the yellow warning light that the power is starting to run down from a full charge -- and I hit that trigger button 35 to 50 times per hour unless I'm asleep. I actually once saw the red warning light that the battery was almost dead, but that took more effort to achieve than I care to try and repeat.
It also features a power output, allowing you to charge cell phones and such. I don't use the output much -- I use it mostly to charge stick batteries when I'm out and about.
For me the main downside to it is it's less portable than the VV. The size and weight don't really make it shirt-pocketable, though it's fine in a suit jacket inside pocket or windbreaker. I usually carry mine around in an old cell phone case on my belt.
The most consistent gripe folks have about the MVP is the trigger button. It takes much more pressure to do a button press. I don't find that at all distracting. It actually gives me confidence that, like everything else about this structurally sturdy device, it will endure the rigors of an urban day.

I've never owned a car. I walk everywhere I go, or take a bus if it's more than a 3 mile hike, so mobility is important to me. The VV is far more portable. At a touch under 2 ounces, and measuring about 4" long with 1/2" sides, you barely feel it in a shirt pocket. There's no power output for charging, and the battery life is about what you get in an Ego Twist, which for me means a charge will last through much of a morning. Although well tooled, solid, and by no means flimsy, it doesn't feel as sturdy as the MVP. If you shake it, you can hear button rattle. If the MVP was a sports utility vehicle, the VV is a well built sedan.

Both are worth the money I think. When I use the MVP, I'm primarily trading better battery life for somewhat more cumbersome portability. If portability is important, I go for the VV, but I need to anticipate whether I need to bring something else with me because of the shorter battery life. If I had to choose just one, I'd go with the feature-rich, long lasting MVP.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Go for the MVP 2.0. Same vape, much longer battery life (800mAh vs 2600 mAh). Don't get the VTR yet because you are very limited to the types of tanks you can put on/in it. The VTR is a brand new device and almost no one has given a full review of it yet. Do yourself a favor and get the MVP 2.0. It's awesome and you will love it! (Sorry, fangirl over here.)

Skenzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
West MI
I own both and they are both quite good...if not excellent. Seriously, the biggest difference, IMHO, is the battery life. I'm a pretty heavy vapor and the VV won't get me through the day. The MVP 2.0 get's me through 2 days. If I could only have one, it would be the MVP 2.0 simply because I don't have to charge it as often.
They both produce excellent power, both have VV and VW, both have the same range of volts and watts and pretty much any topper you put on them will work.
I do, however, prefer the menu system on the VV V3.0 but that's not something I would get too stuck on.

lgboogie19

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Hagerstown, MD
It all depends on what youre looking for. Taste isnt going to be different between them. The main difference is size of the unit and battery life. If you arent a super heavy vapor and do a lot of vaping away from home then Id get the vv3. It has great size for portable use, but if you vape a lot during the day it will def need charged by the end of the day. However the mvp is larger and box shaped but will last 2 days for even the heaviest vapers. I have the vv3 currently which replaced a ego ctwist and i love it. It has a squared corners and wont roll of tables like most pen styles and is also a very attractive battery, i personally have a silver one with a protank 2. Im hopefully gettin an MVP within the next few weeks and plan on doing some serious at home vaping with that thing. Id get both if you could. The itaste vv3 is usually around 40 bucks and comes with just a retractable usb charger, its pass thru so if youre on the go a lot and have access to computers and usb ports that will come in handy. The MVP is usually 60 bucks and it comes with a threeway charger(usb,micro usb,& iphone) and usually comes with an iclear 30 dual coil atomizer, very capable of producing a lot of vapor. The MVP can also be used as an external charger port and u can charge other devices off of its battery. 2 very fine products. Happy vaping.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread