Itaste MVP 20W help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

STJ

Jun 8, 2015
I've had the itaste for 6 months and it's been great, until yesterday! My settings got messed up and now it vapes terribly. I can't figure it out. So, I have an aspire nautilus with 1.8 coils, and 80/20 PG/VG juice. I have the tank on the biggest air hole because I like airy vapes, but now there's so much resistance it vapes like its on the smallest hole, and my brand new coils taste burnt. Help!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Sounds like you need to turn your wattage up or down? Did you try more than 1 coil? Sometimes you will get a dud. Here is the user manual. You may want to adjust the settings back to where you had them http://innokin.com/manuals/MVP20W.pdf

Press and hold the “P” button for 3 seconds to enter variable wattage mode. The
screen will show the Puff counter first followed by the current voltage or wattage
setting then the MVP20W will enter variable wattage mode. Wattage can be
adjusted from 6.0 to 20 watts in .5 watt increments by pressing the “P” button.
Please note that the MVP20W will use
either voltage or wattage depending on the
last setting chosen.

Good luck!

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
The MVP 20w will only be operating in one mode at a time, be it Wattage or Voltage. If you adjust the wattage, it will adjust the voltage to put out that many watts. If you adjust the voltage, you are changing the watts based on ohms law.

Long story short, pick one to work with and just go with it. I use watts, because I find it easier. Personal preference, though.

Reactions: Vpr4me

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Thank you!! I figured it out. My wattage was too high, but I kept think it was my voltage that got messed up! I took them both all the way down and went up from there. Ugh...it's been a day from vaping hell. Pretty sure I ruined my coil since the wattage was 15. Oops.

Hey, it happens to the best of us ;) Glad that you got it figured out. Hang in there. This will all be second nature to you before you even know it.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I've noticed something with pre-made coils lately. It seems like the first 20 or 30 puffs taste like I've burnt the coil and it scares me. I bought a 5 pack a month ago due to time and laziness from rebuilding my old ones. I'm using 12.7 watts with my full size Nautilus and it's good for me. Nice, cool vape. I never change the wattage and even lock it in my mod. Glad you figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread