Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
They say size matters. Haha. But here I think it is a little extreme. Try a 18350, it brings the overall length to under seven inches.

Vamo3 and an SVD
DSCF0035.jpg

Yup. The SVD is a long one with the 18650!
I'm having a helluva time remembering the different menu button sequences, always referring to the manual.
The ergonomics of the 3 buttons is not that well thought out either.

I guess I am a little confused. I work at a B&M. We carry the SVD and all of the instructions are etched on the tube real nice. As long as you remember that "V" is Volts, "P" is Watts and the upside down horseshoe is Ohms.

MR. Mad

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan
great thread i myself have two svds on the way as backup or replacements for the vamos i started with.for the $37 price tag i couldn't resist :). just out of curiosity is there a replacement button available should problems occur ? i have already learned how to take the vamo apart and repair if needed and would like to know the same for the svd.

Yep - it's pretty big!
howbig1_zps1ed0789b.jpg

FYI, mine is about 9 months old, working perfectly.
It has tipped over a couple times - but hasn't a scratch. There, is however, a dent in my laptop.
The SVD always stayed home - I initially used Ego's when out and about - then, as you can see, I did get something smaller :)

I have the Bolt I use also which is so much shorter than the SVD

great thread i myself have two svds on the way as backup or replacements for the vamos i started with.for the $37 price tag i couldn't resist :). just out of curiosity is there a replacement button available should problems occur ? i have already learned how to take the vamo apart and repair if needed and would like to know the same for the svd.

This is what I found out about fixing the red button issue.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...F7px1S675dgUmD06w&sig2=NuQWR6Yyoq8cbs4U5QG6UQ

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Bunnykiller, I have both the Vamo3 and the SVD and was wondering if you've found the Vamo to burn hotter than the SVD even at lower voltages? I can move the tank back and forth between the two with wonderful results at 4v on on the SVD to dry 2nd hits on Vamo even at 3.1v?

the way my Vamo is set up, it is hard to tell. Ive swapped attys back n forth on these 2 and they both give the same results. Altho I do have both set up in Watt mode too.

rawr

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
My 2 cents after using it for 6 months.

Pros:

Price
Looks
Performance
Display, ohm meter
Telescopic tube

Cons:

Auto shutdowns (or just safety off?)
Bad spring under center pin, i have to lift it up from time to time
Wobbling tube, because of bad/big threading
Big size
Fire button doesnt provide good tactile feedback anymore. Its still works, but no clicky sound...
PM (pulse modulation) Pulsing isnt that good for vaping imo

Joka

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
CleVegas TN.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread