iTASTE VV. vs. eGo Twist. Which one you prefer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
It depends on the situation. The Twist is a better General Purpose tool. The iTaste is more appropriate for social situations.

The Twist, especially with a tank or Vivi Nova, will definitely not stay in a shirt pocket when you bend. It requires a lanyard (which has saved me lots of money by protecting the Twist from dropping) and this looks out of place in some situations. I consider the Twist to be more of a 'work horse' since it can handle most anything you put on it and is cheap enough to easily replace if it gets damaged or lost.

The iTaste has a pocket clip to hold it in your pocket, however it is limited to what will fit under the cap. So far the Tidy 10 (which sometimes has bladder control problems) and the 0.9ml Fluxomizer (CE2) without a drip tip are the only things I have found to fit under the cap. I have also cut the adapter in half so it isn't so needlessly long. It is only a block of steel, after all, not actually a magnet. I usually keep an iTaste charged and loaded with a clearo so I can grab it and go out if going to a restaurant or social gathering. It is also 3 times the price of a Twist so I am careful where I take it.

If I didn't have a VV and was trying to decide between a Twist or an iTaste for a purchase I would definitely get the Twist first. Maybe get the iTaste later for more showy and delicate uses.

If you carry a purse everywhere, the above reasoning just flies out the window. Lol

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
Well I have bought aswell ..but I love the itaste ..not the kit but the battery ...I can put everything on it and have more vv options for sure , looks much better then twist too... For the cap well I put a atty on it " 510-306 you name it..takes everything and with a short drip tip the cap is on too!!

It's just opinions ...but you are right price tags are a bit different but only about 15 bucks or something close depends where you get it..... I just recommend the itaste 100% and now there is one with a non magnetic connection ..so you don't have to tweak the wobble of the connector

Barefoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Xianning, Hubei Province, China
I've had both the Twist and the iTaste for a few weeks

The Twist is an eGo form factor - great for 'skirted' 'misers' - Stardust/CE4/Vision eGo clearomisers etc
The iTaste has a magnetic 510 connector - and can use an eGo adapter

The Twist, on a meter, delivers pretty much the same V's underload or not
The iTaste dops a few points underload - and sometimes needs the magnet reconnecting to work

Love the VV Passthru on the iTaste

Overall i'd so with the Twist - tho am waiting on the Vision Spinner from Gotvapes to try - easier to 'Spin; then the Twist and easier to see the Voltage - depends on the performance underload ;)

rkanwar

Sep 10, 2012
Birmingham, England
Well I have bought aswell ..but I love the itaste ..not the kit but the battery ...I can put everything on it and have more vv options for sure , looks much better then twist too... For the cap well I put a atty on it " 510-306 you name it..takes everything and with a short drip tip the cap is on too!!

It's just opinions ...but you are right price tags are a bit different but only about 15 bucks or something close depends where you get it..... I just recommend the itaste 100% and now there is one with a non magnetic connection ..so you don't have to tweak the wobble of the connector

Which itaste kit has the non magnetic connection?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Which itaste kit has the non magnetic connection?

They have a modified iTaste that has the magnetic connection removed and a fixed 510 connection installed.

Here is a description of the iTaste "Express". Don't know anyone who has them yet.

iTaste VV Express Kit - Best Electronic Cigarette | New Ecig Starter Kit| E Cig Manufacturer

There is also the iTaste "XL".

iTaste VV XL Clearomizer Kit - Best Electronic Cigarette | New Ecig Starter Kit| E Cig Manufacturer

Neither of these has a cap or pocket clip. I guess this is for people who like the iTaste operation but not the magnets. I guess! Lol

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Well from my opinion I wait for this itaste ... The ego v / KGo first they don't look nice as the itaste second ..I know who has one and believe me it's not worth half the price

I have 2-1100mAh passthroughs, 2-1000mAh Twists, 4-350mAh mini eGos (I may give a couple to family), and an iTaste. I am very happy with what I have and I think I have something for any occasion. None of the new products has features that I feel I need, but I pass along information if somebody asks.

I am Relaxing and Enjoying!

rkanwar

Sep 10, 2012
Birmingham, England
I have 2-1100mAh passthroughs, 2-1000mAh Twists, 4-350mAh mini eGos (I may give a couple to family), and an iTaste. I am very happy with what I have and I think I have something for any occasion. None of the new products has features that I feel I need, but I pass along information if somebody asks.

I am Relaxing and Enjoying!

How is the itaste performing for you? I will be buying a new vv kit in two weeks on payday wich gives me sufficient time to research :D

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
How is the itaste performing for you? I will be buying a new vv kit in two weeks on payday wich gives me sufficient time to research :D

I have never had a problem with the iTaste or the Twists. As I said before, I use the Twists more because I can keep them on a lanyard when I am active. The iTaste is more for social outings and I use things that fit under the cap so I can use the pocket clip to hold it in my pocket. Many people are surprised when I take the iTaste out of my pocket and Vape with it. They usually thought it was some executive style pen in my pocket! Lol

I feel the iTaste was overpriced because I paid $65 for it and only $25 for the Twist.

Edit: That is not fair. The iTaste came with 5 clearos, 2 adapters, and a wall adapter for the charger.
The Twist price was for the battery only.

Last edited:

axolotly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
GA
I have both, and you can get the iTaste for about $25 which is an absolute steal, and an amazing opportunity to try it.

VV ITASTE 3v-5.0V

Coupon code: 50elec for 50% off. Renee at Electosmoke is the best vendor I have ever dealt with, btw.

Like everyone is saying, they both have their places. I like the iTaste with the tank for work since I can just slip on the cap and stick it in my pocket.

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
Thanks. Has one been using this device full time? The only thing putting me off is the charger connection

The only thing that ...... me off about the charger that is too short... Will not disconnect with minimum movement ... I did get 3 ofthem from healthcabin they are 1 euros each and gave one to my friend " his a tech/electrician and had made it longer ...just you have to give up retractable piece ..... I not sponsored by Innokin ":2cool: if I was" and I Reccomend this battery if you want to try VV in a small format compact way ... It's just great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread