Itching to get something new...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started out with a Volcano Magma 510 dripping. It's been about a month now, and I love it. I got a usb pass-through, that it's so awesome. But now, I want to try something new. I have a couple of ideas...

1. I could get a bigger piece, like the Ego. I want to keep dripping though. Are there any consequences to dripping with bigger models? I don't really want to try cartridges or cartomizers because I think dripping is awesome. I bought my parents a cheap 801, and I thought the cartridges were annoying, and wet, and just ugh. I'm just fine with the vapor production of a normal atty and battery, as long as the liquid's got a little VG in it. I'm also satisfied with the throat hit. The size scares me a little, and it would be harder to be discreet.

2. I've been eyeing another 510, the Joye specifically. I've seen blue batteries and atomizers that make me squeal with joy. (Metallic blue is my most favorite color ever!) Maybe even these are compatible with my existing hardware.

3. "Mega" batteries (higher voltage?). I'm guessing they last longer? Do they have any effect on the vapor production? I am slightly scared that my existing batteries' lives will be getting shorter, so maybe this is a good idea.

Also - I have this crazy paranoia that these things will get banned, so surely I need like 20 extra atomizers laying around, right?

Thanks!

Astronomer

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Modesto Ca

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
A bigger battery like the Ego/Riva has the same voltage output as your 510 but has a higher mah rating which means they will last MUCH longer in between charges. If you want a higher voltage vape your best best is probably to go with a mod which come in various sizes and price points and use non proprietary batteries.

To solve your "crazy paranoia" issue a mod is what I'd go with as the batteries will always be available. You could also match that with something like the ato-miser which is awesome for dripping and allows you to make your own attys and not be bound to any china made supplies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
For the Magma - just buy a metallic blue Joye 510 battery and I recommend manual batteries (though first check if your Volcano PCC with accept manuals). I use a VaporMaxx PCC that does. Magma IS a 510 so it can just use the Joye 510 battery.

510 Mega batteries are long and the charge lasts longer, about 60% longer than the short 510 batteries. The Mega ones make the 510 138mm long w/ atty+cart or about 128mm long w/ a standard cartomizer (the way I use them). And I recommend manual batteries (always - the 510 manuals are totally sealed on the end and very safe against juice drips. autos can be killed or disabled by juice drips on the drag sensor in the end of the battery). 510 mega xl batteries need a different PCC.

Riva or Ego - they are manual fatter-battery 510's. They have a much longer battery charge, and yes you can drip on them. There is a very good price Riva Lite bundle at Liberty-Flights.com and click somewhere on the front page for 20% off. You can still use your existing atomizers, carts, cartos (you may need to remove the cone use use a cartomizer or use a 510 extender (Madvapes) to life the carto above the cone. But Ego and Riva can also use their own faster charger (don't charge slim 510 batteries on that charger - it could damage them). And Ego/Riva can use harder hitting LR (low resistance) parts for a hotter hit.

None of those is higher voltage (though one person said the Riva is 3.7 and the 510/Ego are a bit less).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread