It's time for a DNA 200. But which one..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The VT200 is the right size :) The battery is inter changeable and readily available to purchase, spares/replacements.
All thou it is not the 1300mAH advertised, it does last longer than the 900mAH in the VS or the LB
It also feels like a quality unit with out any rattles, fit and Finnish is above average and it comes in 3 different colours :)

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
I just got a VT200 and love it. Not the biggest battery but not the smallest. It is much smaller in the hand than I envisioned before I ordered it.

Moreover, if you don't mind not having warranty service from HCigar, then you can buy them dirt cheap from ecig.com and other vendors who are selling them well below MSRP. I think I got mine for $118 shipped.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I just got a VT200 and love it. Not the biggest battery but not the smallest. It is much smaller in the hand than I envisioned before I ordered it.

Moreover, if you don't mind not having warranty service from HCigar, then you can buy them dirt cheap from ecig.com and other vendors who are selling them well below MSRP. I think I got mine for $118 shipped.
I agree100%. I wouldn't worry too much about Hcigar's warranty. Evolv will stand behind the chip for the 1 year warranty, that's a major plus in buying an Evolv DNA200 mod imo.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Acton, Maine, United States
Thanks for the suggestions on the VS, but like I said I want a change so have ruled that out.

Think I will settle on either a VT200 or the Lavabox in the end, but both are with compromise. Maybe I should just wait to see what comes up next, but with legislation coming in, I do feel the need to choose soon.

The deeming regs will not go into effect for years. They will be tied up in the court system being appealed. Buy which ever one you like the fit and feel of best. They all do the same thing. It really comes down to build quality and how they feel in the hand. Watch some YouTube reviews and go with one. You won't be disappointed regardless. The Lava Box looks pretty sweet to me.

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
3011fbd635301465ed99a24d2181fe66.jpg

I own the Efusion DNA200 and the reauleux DNA200.

You won't go wrong with either. I think the Efusion is very handsome, but just a tad wide to hold comfortably.

The reauleux has fantastic battery life. Less width than the Efusion but it is thicker slightly. Still very fantastic though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
the lavabox will fit the vt200 battery, as per this video

sold me on the lavabox. I love the look and being able to put that battery in it helps alleviate the only concern I had with it.

That's good information to have, thanks for posting it. I just want to caution you, I have both of those mods and my VT200 isn't really 1300mah. It's bigger than 900mah (the Lavabox size), but closer 1050-1100mah. I have my watt hours set to 12 in the VT200 (instead of 14.43 wh, which would be a true 1300mah) and the battery bar is accurate. My Lavabox is set to 9.99wh and it's bar is also accurate. What I'm trying to say is that's better, but not going to be a true 1300mah better.

criddopher

Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
blehgh
Thanks for the heads up, I have also seen inconsistent reports with the vt200, some people seem to get closer to 1000mah, some say theirs specs out at 1300.. I can't say with mine as my lava box isnt here yet. In any case, it will be a bit better at least, and gives me a spare. Once I have actual interior measurements I'm going to search around for what other options there might be.

Reactions: Wingsfan0310

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Just wanted to feed back that I am dead chuffed with the VT 200. I think the build quality is great, and the DNA 200 is more than I hoped it would be.

On the tfv4 mini, I am yet to be sold on it yet. Produces a huge amount of vapour, but my fave juice tastes a bit manky in it. Going to persevere, but so far my Sapor has seen more carry time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread