• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I've Got The Vapors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
I stopped by I've Got the Vapors today. They're a new shop on Horizon Drive in Suwanee. They're so new that they're still getting stocked up, but they've got some great stuff already, all at reasonable prices, and the owner is friendly, knowledgeable and great to talk to. Right now, most of their gear is egos and vivi novas, but there's more stuff coming in, and they did have some Zmax stuff iirc. juice wise, they have their own store branded line (premixed and presteeped - tastes like it's probably Hangsen, but I could be wrong), and Mountain Oak Vapor. There's a vape lounge, and sampling is encouraged and free. I had a great time hanging out there, and they'll definitely be getting return business from me!

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
Good point, forgot to mention that. That kind of policy isn't a problem for me because the shop is *very* local to me, so returning things quickly doesn't require any planning to speak of.

In fairness to the owner, she instituted that policy because people were abusing her original policy... while I was there, she showed us a *massive* bag full of returned products. About 3/4 of them had *clearly* been abused (and none of them were older than a few weeks, cause it's only been open that long!). I'm talking egos with the guts hanging out, batteries with the threads completely stripped, little non-rebuildable mini clearos that people had disassembled or tried to disassemble, batteries with tire marks on them.... just a hot mess of products that people were clearly not taking any care whatsoever with. Accidents happen, sure, but there was probably about $1500 worth of ruined gear in that bag.

And there's no excuse for that, considering the owner really knows her stuff and wouldn't let us leave without making sure a friend of mine knew *exactly* how to use his new gear (and he's not new to vaping, just new-ish... but she still went over everything with him and made sure he tried it out before he left so she could make sure it wasn't DOA and everything was working properly). From what I saw in the three hours or so I spent there, they really do go the extra mile to try to make sure customers don't ruin their gear through lack of knowledge.

Which makes $1500 in ruined gear returns within a few weeks pretty ridiculous. So I don't blame her for tightening up her policy, because continuing to let people who are just *careless* or unable to *listen* return their gear and get free stuff would kill the business before they have a chance to get off the ground.

It's a shame when inattentive people and people who are on the hunt for free stuff ruin things for everyone else, but that's what happened in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread