JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgree

May 14, 2019
I want to commend Jac Vapour on their customer service I purchased a B series a few months ago well the display crapped out due to the fire button pinching the display cable. After providing them my info they promptly sent a replacement with free shipping to the states!!

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Huh. I guess warranty still applies.

I was kind of saved from buying one by not doing so in time and only the sandstorm was left and now I can't get THAT.

I know I could have wrapped it but sometimes something is so .... ugly, you know what's underneath still, and it's a problem. Kinda like dating a girl with super heavy makeup ALL day every day but you still have to wake up to it.

I would have used a male example but I couldn't think of one.

Anna

Reactions: DPLongo22

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Huh. I guess warranty still applies.

I was kind of saved from buying one by not doing so in time and only the sandstorm was left and now I can't get THAT.

I know I could have wrapped it but sometimes something is so .... ugly, you know what's underneath still, and it's a problem. Kinda like dating a girl with super heavy makeup ALL day every day but you still have to wake up to it.

Anna
I would make a bad example because I stopped putting makeup on years ago.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I was going to get a wrap for the one on the right but I thought no it doesn't need one yet. There is some very minor chipping where you take the battery cover off but I can live with that. The one on the right I bought shortly after they were released. It sees heavy daily use and has been dropped several times by me and dog knocking on the floor with her tail. It really doesn't have that much wear compared to some I've seen.
IMG_0862cr.jpg

IMG_0854cr.jpg IMG_0856cr.jpg IMG_0860cr.jpg
You can see some very minor chipping on the last photo. While I like the wraps @Bronze linked for me, thanks Bronze, I will hold off and just see how it fares going forward.
I love my single 18650 mods and the JAC's fit that to a T.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh, while I'm here ... sad story. I put a Vaporskin wrap on one of my new original rubber coated JACs to protect it and keep it new looking as well as for the 'look of the skin'. The other day I decided to remove it and go back to it's original look & feel.

OH NO! When I started to peal off the skin the rubber coating was sticking to the adhesive on back of the skin and leaving ugly sections of the bare metal showing. So much for having a pristine original 'looking' mod again.

Plus, since the rubber coating was covering the adhesive, I couldn't just press the skin back in place and have it stick. So I carefully smeared some blu-tac on the bare metal and then pressed the skin back in place. It seems to be holding after it 'cured' overnight.

Just a caution to any of you that 'skinned' your original black JACs and are thinking of removing it.

So you want to know what's weird? I've got two black ones. One is on its 3rd wrap, the other on its 4th (yes, I do it for fun). Neither has shown even the slightest degradation yet. I keep expecting it, but so far they're both still perfect.

I have no idea if this matters, but I never leave them in the car, or sun, or anything like that.

The mysteries of vape continue... :vapor:

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Nice! :thumb: Did you polish it after stripping it? If so, did the refurbished finish hold up?

Yeah. I polished it and it came up looking nice. That pic was right after polishing. But it tarnished really fast. After a while it looked like crap. Different shades of grey and brown. Parts where my fingers rested went first..

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah. I polished it and it came up looking nice. That pic was right after polishing. But it tarnished really fast. After a while it looked like crap. Different shades of grey and brown. Parts where my fingers rested went first..
Crap? Thought you were supposed to say rubbish. You gettin diluted?

Reactions: stols001

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Any idea what kind of metal the body is made from, now that you've had a good look at it bare naked (the mod, not you).

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Any idea what kind of metal the body is made from, now that you've had a good look at it bare naked (the mod, not you).

It's zinc alloy. It looked really nice polished. I thought about using something to preserve that finish but I'm not sure how you would do that. Like some kind of varnish. Or resin. Maybe that would make it stabzinc. I should copyright that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread