Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.18.41 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.13.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 1.13.00 AM.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 12

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
I've tried the authentic Jam Monster Strawberry and it was way too sweet for me.

Usually when situations like that happen to me I get creative in shifting the flavor profile in a different direction. It's a simpler process when it's DIY vs. premium juice, since I have the exact recipe.

*Too much nicotine, add extra PG/VG. Possibly add an even ratio of the non-sweetening flavorings.

*Flavor to intense, add extra PG/VG to dilute the concentration.

*Don't like the flavor profile, first throw it in a crock pot for a couple hours to see if that adjusts it more to my liking. If not, I either attempt to overpower the main ingredient/s I'm not liking by adding flavorings, etc, leave it a few weeks/month in my closet and come back to it or if all else fails toss it out. All dependent on batch size.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Gosh, if it has 3% SS it would be too sweet for me, too! And that’s saying something lol!

I have an INCREDIBLE sweet tooth but I’m noticing after a year into it I’m lowering if not eliminating sweetners from many of my recipes. 2% seems waaay overboard for my taste buds. Could always start at .5 or so and add until it works for me anyways.

Reactions: DeloresRose

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Usually when situations like that happen to me I get creative in shifting the flavor profile in a different direction. It's a simpler process when it's DIY vs. premium juice, since I have the exact recipe.

*Too much nicotine, add extra PG/VG. Possibly add an even ratio of the non-sweetening flavorings.

*Flavor to intense, add extra PG/VG to dilute the concentration.

*Don't like the flavor profile, first throw it in a crock pot for a couple hours to see if that adjusts it more to my liking. If not, I either attempt to overpower the main ingredient/s I'm not liking by adding flavorings, etc, leave it a few weeks/month in my closet and come back to it or if all else fails toss it out. All dependent on batch size.

Never tried the crockpot method. I may give it a try on one or two of my recent mixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread