Janty eGo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
I have been vaping for a little over a month now and using a few sets of M401's and have enjoyed them greatly. I come to notice that it is already time for me to upgrade. I was a very heavy smoker of 3 plus packs a day and came to find out I am a heavy vapor as well, presently I am ripping through 4 batteries during the work day alone.

I have my eye on the Janty eGo and there is one thing I would like to know. I see it calls for a Dura 510 atty. And I was wondering if there is any difference between say a Dura or a Joye 510 atty or any other 510 atty. I am looking to get some backup atty's and wonder if either or can be used on the eGo?

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I have my eye on it also. Is it made by janty or by Joye? Also is it 3.6 or 3.7? Anyway to mod it to make it 5v?

This thread should answer your first question:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nal-janty-designed-manufactured-products.html

As for your second question, I'm honestly not sure whether it's 3.6 or 3.7, but it packs a powerful punch . . . kind of like a souped up 510. ;)

No way to mod it to 5V. But if you want a 5V with a 510 atomizer, there are other options out there, like the Puresmoker Prodigy V2 with a 510 adapter. ;) Honestly, though, I think the eGo is perfect just the way it is. Whatever the voltage is, it's a heavy hitting device with superb battery life. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Thanks I think you just convinced me. I looked at the video reviews and it looked like it was producing very good vapor.

Honestly, I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you haven't already, you might want to check out this review: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...reviews/58001-first-impression-janty-ego.html

I got 11 hours of vaping time on the first battery (first charge), and the second battery has been going strong for almost 10 hours now with so signs of letting up. Simply extraordinary.

I will admit that I've been skeptical of proprietary batteries (the batteries specifically manufactured for e-cigs). Generally speaking, I find proprietary batteries inconsistent and not exactly known for longevity. I've been a firm believer that it makes more sense to go with mods because you get a better battery life. The eGo, however, has convinced me that a proprietary battery, properly designed and produced, can not only provide good battery life, it can kick ..... ;)

My only complaint is that I don't think it does a particularly great job with cartridges . . . but that's my standard complaint with every device out there. I am a confirmed direct dripper when I'm not using a cartomizer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread