Janty eGo usb battery/passthrough setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Oh good, I was wondering if the warmth might have something to do with using the wall adapter. It is just a bit warm and not hot so I guess everything is working PERFECTLY! I actually find this so easy to use and love the fact that I can just disconnect, screw the cap on and am good to go out and about with no worries of a dead batt.
Thanks again :)

I know, me too. I think I'm developing OVD (obsessive vaping disorder, what else?) though, as I just ordered one from Rob (the batt plus a button cover gets you free shipping, to boot) - again in the stainless, because I'm terrified mine will die, or get lost, or just not love me anymor..uh, :p

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I know, me too. I think I'm developing OVD (obsessive vaping disorder, what else?) though, as I just ordered one from Rob (the batt plus a button cover gets you free shipping, to boot) - again in the stainless, because I'm terrified mine will die, or get lost, or just not love me anymor..uh, :p

haha, OVD..that's great...I think I suffer from that condition too :p. I got mine through Janty but just recieved an order from GP which had the button protectors, I ordered the 5 pack...OVD for sure! Not sure they are really going to keep a batt from firing if it is floating around in a purse tho...I would have liked to see the sides snug up to the switch a bit closer. No problem tho...I ordered the eGo carrying case from GP too and I love it!

Barkingmad

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2009
South Africa
A dumb question probably - but can this eGo USB battery be used with the normal usb car charger [that I use with a 510 or Janty Stick] while travelling in the car?
And, if so - would it take very long to fully charge it [NOT vaping during that time] using the car charger? [I ask as I wanting to charge that way when we go camping where there is no electricity] Thanks!

Last edited:

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
haha, OVD..that's great...I think I suffer from that condition too :p. I got mine through Janty but just recieved an order from GP which had the button protectors, I ordered the 5 pack...OVD for sure! Not sure they are really going to keep a batt from firing if it is floating around in a purse tho...I would have liked to see the sides snug up to the switch a bit closer. No problem tho...I ordered the eGo carrying case from GP too and I love it!

I've toyed with buying a case (the teal is cute), but the thing's barely out of my hand long enough to need one! ;)

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
A dumb question probably - but can this eGo USB battery be used with the normal usb car charger [that I use with a 510 or Janty Stick] while travelling in the car?
And, if so - would it take very long to fully charge it [NOT vaping during that time] using the car charger? [I ask as I wanting to charge that way when we go camping where there is no electricity] Thanks!

You can use a regular usb car charger, but I'm assuming it'll take longer - but I have no clue how long that might be. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
Yesterday I received my 650mAh ego pass throught from Liberity Flights ($20.79 with 20% discount code – (current discount codes ecf, august20, ECR69).

I love it. I don't have much to add to current reviews except that the charger cord is just a standard mini to ubs cord and thus you use others you have, and can buy them cheaply. I love that so now I know I can take it to work without having to drag along a charger cable.

Plus I thought I would add a pic I just took with it beside a regular 650 ego and a 900mAh ego so one could get an idea of its size (excuse the focus, but my cheap cell phone's camera does't do close ups well)

kushka-albums-my-stach-picture19120-ego.jpg

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Yesterday I received my 650mAh ego pass throught from Liberity Flights ($20.79 with 20% discount code – (current discount codes ecf, august20, ECR69).

I love it. I don't have much to add to current reviews except that the charger cord is just a standard mini to ubs cord and thus you use others you have, and can buy them cheaply. I love that so now I know I can take it to work without having to drag along a charger cable.

Plus I thought I would add a pic I just took with it beside a regular 650 ego and a 900mAh ego so one could get an idea of its size (excuse the focus, but my cheap cell phone's camera does't do close ups well)

kushka-albums-my-stach-picture19120-ego.jpg

The green batt is very pretty, reminds me of Christmas time. Thanks for posting the pics :).

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
LOL, you must be in heaven right now. (I am apparently too stupid/goofy for cartomizers, as I manage to make a holy mess for little vapor!)

The E2 XLs are pretty nice :)....I HATED regular cartos, lol! But these work great when I can't drip, like while driving....you really do get all the great flavor of dripping, but they are a PITA to fill up (really only takes about 2 minutes, lol)..of course anything that takes longer than 5 seconds is a PITA to me....ZOOOOOM!

Shan...just wanted to say thanks again for the review...I am so loving this device :).

salliezoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
(Big Island) Hawaii
I bought a Joye eGO pass thru, but it died after the first day, so sent it back for a replacement. I used it on my laptop computer plugged into its USB port, was that a mistake? Is it possible that it malfunctioned because it was on a laptop instead of my main computer? And, one more question, should I have pre charged it on my ego wall charger first before using it on my laptop? I don't want to screw up my laptop battery or another eGO. Thanks for your help...Sj

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
I bought a Joye eGO pass thru, but it died after the first day, so sent it back for a replacement. I used it on my laptop computer plugged into its USB port, was that a mistake? Is it possible that it malfunctioned because it was on a laptop instead of my main computer? And, one more question, should I have pre charged it on my ego wall charger first before using it on my laptop? I don't want to screw up my laptop battery or another eGO. Thanks for your help...Sj

I plug mine into my laptop all of the time. I can not imagine that being a problem - the worst would have been it was underpowered and not recharge - not that it would hurt the battery. And no you do not need to use any charger with any other it but the one that is built in. It probably just had a manufacturing defect.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
The E2 XLs are pretty nice :)....I HATED regular cartos, lol! But these work great when I can't drip, like while driving....you really do get all the great flavor of dripping, but they are a PITA to fill up (really only takes about 2 minutes, lol)..of course anything that takes longer than 5 seconds is a PITA to me....ZOOOOOM!

Shan...just wanted to say thanks again for the review...I am so loving this device :).

I'm just thrilled to have been able to recommend something so highly - because obviously I'm with you, I just love mine.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I plug mine into my laptop all of the time. I can not imagine that being a problem - the worst would have been it was underpowered and not recharge - not that it would hurt the battery. And no you do not need to use any charger with any other it but the one that is built in. It probably just had a manufacturing defect.

Yeah, I did too until I moved a charger closer to the computer. I'm guessing it was just a funky batt and nothing would've helped it.

salliezoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
(Big Island) Hawaii
Thanks for the responses re my eGO pass thru problem...I'm glad to hear it wasn't me that messed it up...and that its okay to use on a laptop. Being relatively new at ecigs, I always think its something stupid I did wrong LOL! Really looking forward to having one that works after hearing all the great reviews here. Aloha and Mahalo nui!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread