Janty USB-E Passthrough Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonZeph

May 14, 2009
Apex, NC
Just ordered a KISSBOX Classic Extended from Janty. Awesome shipping, ordered 5am on wednesday and came 4pm on friday. Beyond my expectations. Now everything seems to be fine with a few issues that I have sent an email to Janty regarding. Nothing big.

I am a new vaporer so bear with me.

Using the USB passthrough that comes with the kit. It seems that when using it with the manual switch, I have to hold it once, let off, then hold it again for the atomizer to come on. Is this a common issue? That and I don't think the battery is quite holding its charge.

DragoonZeph

May 14, 2009
Apex, NC
I do have it plugged into the USB as well as trying it in the car charger. It takes me holding the manual button, letting off, then pressing again to get the atomizer to run. Switch works fine with a battery. I do not that after leaving the USB overnight, the battery in the slot does not maintain a charge at all. Could it be a battery issue?

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Seems it could be a battery issue...especially if the switch works on the stand alone battery with no problem like that. Seems I saw someone else with this problem once but can't remember where that thread is offhand. I'll look around and post it here if I find it. Meanwhile maybe someone else will come along and offer some help.

Good luck!

Lu

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
1 - Only PT's with a real inline battery (i.e. if you can walk around with it unplugged and vape) those can be used on a PC's motherboard USB or on a battery charger USB to AC that has at least the output the same type of battery needs to charge OR have standard 5v and 500mA or more mA (because those are just charging a battery while you vape it). These may need to charge a bit before you can vape them

PT's without a built-in battery should never be plugged in a PC's USB and should use a 2amp (2000mA) USB to AC (more output than a battery charger USB to AC).

2 - Manual batteries - they only activate the battery WHILE the button is down. You can press the button in 1-2 seconds before you start your drag (so some vapor is already made) and and keep holding it in as you start dragging..... and right before the end of your drag let the button up, finish your drag and then inhale... If that does not work then I suspect either insufficient power supply for a simple passthrough, battery is not charged enough yet for a passthrough w/ inline battery, or defective equipment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread