JC cart questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottBrooks

May 21, 2013
Towson, MD., USA
I have tried both the 1.8 ohms and the 2.0 ohms carts, the 2.0 carts produces a little hotter vape and seems not to last as long. My question is how long should a cart last? I refill when ever I get a hint of burning taste, I can do this 5-6 times and then the taste turns bad. Does 5-6 refills sound right or should I be getting more?

Thank you in advance for help!
--
Scott Brooks

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't use cartomizers solo. I only use them in cartotanks.

The main downside of using a carto solo is you can't see your juice level in them. If you use a carto (with pre-punched holes) in a cartotank, the tank will continue to feed more juice to the carto each time you take a drag.

Are the cartos that you are now using dual coil? I experienced the same burnt taste with dual coils as you. After switching to single coils, I no longer get that burnt taste. I suspect that the top coil in a dual coil carto often burns the polyfill material from low juice levels. Once a carto tastes burnt, you'll never get that taste out.

ForeverTwoWheels

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Peculiar
Each carto is different, I've had them bad out of the package and I've had them last over a month. Are you using a tank, for me once they dry out it's a 50/50 chance that it's going to vape well. It really sucks to fill a tank to find out that the carto is bad. On the other hand my wife uses a G6 (a cigerette looking automatic battery with a carto) and refills them every other day and haven't seen one go bad yet it's been about three weeks on the 10 of them in her rotation.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Odd that the 2.0 gives a hotter vape... At the same voltage it should draw slightly less power, and be slightly cooler.

Top them up, often. Before you get the slightly burnt taste. (Yeah, sort of like "turn left 3 miles before you get to Boardwalk...)

If you wait until you get the burn, again and again, well, it's an additive process, and eventually no good.

Keep in mind, too, that darker and thicker juices will gunk up the filler quicker than thinner less viscous ones.

jimbol

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Southern Maryland
I have tried both the 1.8 ohms and the 2.0 ohms carts, the 2.0 carts produces a little hotter vape and seems not to last as long. My question is how long should a cart last? I refill when ever I get a hint of burning taste, I can do this 5-6 times and then the taste turns bad. Does 5-6 refills sound right or should I be getting more?

My problem with the Vea cartidges is that each successive refill reduces the flavor of the juice. I have trouble getting 3 refills from them. That makes them relatively expensive. The burning taste can be avoided by ending using it before the juice is quite gone. At my pace I stop and refill about 6 hours into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread