The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

JC cart questions

Discussion in 'Cartomizers' started by ScottBrooks, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ScottBrooks

ScottBrooks Full Member

May 21, 2013
    Towson, MD., USA
    I have tried both the 1.8 ohms and the 2.0 ohms carts, the 2.0 carts produces a little hotter vape and seems not to last as long. My question is how long should a cart last? I refill when ever I get a hint of burning taste, I can do this 5-6 times and then the taste turns bad. Does 5-6 refills sound right or should I be getting more?

Thank you in advance for help!
    --
    Scott Brooks

2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I don't use cartomizers solo. I only use them in cartotanks.

The main downside of using a carto solo is you can't see your juice level in them. If you use a carto (with pre-punched holes) in a cartotank, the tank will continue to feed more juice to the carto each time you take a drag.

Are the cartos that you are now using dual coil? I experienced the same burnt taste with dual coils as you. After switching to single coils, I no longer get that burnt taste. I suspect that the top coil in a dual coil carto often burns the polyfill material from low juice levels. Once a carto tastes burnt, you'll never get that taste out.

3. ForeverTwoWheels

ForeverTwoWheels Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2013
    Peculiar
    Each carto is different, I've had them bad out of the package and I've had them last over a month. Are you using a tank, for me once they dry out it's a 50/50 chance that it's going to vape well. It really sucks to fill a tank to find out that the carto is bad. On the other hand my wife uses a G6 (a cigerette looking automatic battery with a carto) and refills them every other day and haven't seen one go bad yet it's been about three weeks on the 10 of them in her rotation.

4. XeniaMike

XeniaMike Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2013
    Xenia, Ohio
    When you say JC does that mean Johnson Creek? If so, I started out with those, and 5-6 times sounds about right for the life of one of their cartos. Tanks solved a lot of problems like others have said. I now only use my JC cartos for testing flavors.

5. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Odd that the 2.0 gives a hotter vape... At the same voltage it should draw slightly less power, and be slightly cooler.

Top them up, often. Before you get the slightly burnt taste. (Yeah, sort of like "turn left 3 miles before you get to Boardwalk...)

If you wait until you get the burn, again and again, well, it's an additive process, and eventually no good.

Keep in mind, too, that darker and thicker juices will gunk up the filler quicker than thinner less viscous ones.

6. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Assorted PV Topics - Cartomizers

7. jimbol

jimbol Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    My problem with the Vea cartidges is that each successive refill reduces the flavor of the juice. I have trouble getting 3 refills from them. That makes them relatively expensive. The burning taste can be avoided by ending using it before the juice is quite gone. At my pace I stop and refill about 6 hours into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.