Who makes Cig2O carts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN_Snoopy

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Cookeville, TN
Trying to find out who makes the Cig2O carts. The reason I ask, is they produce the best vapor/flavor of any carts I've tried so far, and without getting excessively hot.

History: I started vaping with Cig2O from the local tobacco shop. Didn't take long before I had about 100 carts. I began sampling flavors from other locations online, and when I found what I liked, bought the juice, and started refilling the Cig2O carts. The carts are a little more difficult to refill, as the cap is hard plastic. There is also what appears to be a silicone donut just under the cap. once they are removed, refill is fine.

The reason I like the Cig2O carts, is they produce TONS of vapor, without burning me (I don't use drip tips), AND good flavor!

After reading about 808D Gen1 and Gen2, I am wondering if these are Gen2 carts. Supposedly, the Gen2 stuff has the heating element in a different orientation. I do know that when taking one apart, it appears that the element is more compact and closer to the bottom (battery end) of the cart rather than all the way up the wick tube. I need to take another one apart to verify this.

I am still relatively new to vaping (3 months), but I am liking what I am learning. And the best way to learn is to ask questions, right?

So, There's my questions.

1. Does anyone know who makes the Cig2O carts?
2. Can anyone recommend a cart they feel is similar in results?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, pick up a Cig2O cart, clean out the nasty juice inside, and fill it with you own. See what you think.

Thanks!

A Cig2o engineer was kind enough to take some time and give me some info that will hopefully answer your questions. Spark Industries is the owner of the Cig2o brand and their carts are made in an exclusive factory. They also make cartomizers for another brand as well.

Their cartomizer design is not a Gen1 or Gen2 design, it is different and unique. There are no welds or solder and the cartomizer design is unique and Patent-Pending. The cartomizers can be refilled easily, however they will wear out eventually.

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
cig2o was my first vaping experience also. I started using SI Volt cartos to refill shortly after because I couldn't get cig2o blanks anywhere. As a matter of fact, I think I still have a couple of full cig2o cartos I may have to revisit after reading this.
edit: first, you can ace those little donuts inside as you don't need them and you can also use any rubber cap from other cartos instead of the plastic cig2o ones. Smokeless Image sells colored caps for super cheap or their blank cartos come with clear rubber caps.

Last edited:

TN_Snoopy

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Cookeville, TN
Great to know Spiral! I would have jumped on the little rubber caps, but I've gotten hooked on drip tips. They are just too easy.

Did a little research on Spark Industries. Found:

Spark Industries: idea genesis . creative invention . product design
2363 Teller Rd, Newbury Park, CA 91320
(805) 499-7003
[url]http://sparkindustries.net [/url]

Gonna call them this evening, see if they will divulge who else gets those carts, or if they would consider selling them to the public. Will let everyone know what happens.

TN_Snoopy

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Cookeville, TN
Do they make 510?

Not that I am aware of, but there are adapters. And they work well on 510 with the adapter.
I have a 510 with both fittings that I have been using the Cig2O cart with.

I cannot offer a comparison between them and regular 510 carts, as I haven't used any 510 carts (yet).

EDIT: Just spoke with Vampage about the Cig2O carts. The do not sell them empty. They pushed me towards the Titan. Looks interesting, but I believe it's a 510 battery with a odd shaped cart. Think I will keep chasing the Cig2O carts.

If you are interested, their Titan system can be found here: http://www.vapage.com/Vapage_Titan_p/vpk-006.htm

Last edited:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I picked up some Cig2o starters in February when I decided to try to quit smoking analogs. I emailed the company... info@cig2o.com ... to ask what the eliquid base in their carts is (turns out its PG, so I add my own eliquids in VG base and prefer my flavors). I've been refilling the carts for a while now. Anyway, Vapage.com has more accessories than my local cig shop (I ordered the personal charging case, an extra wall/usb charger and a USB passthrough!)
Used the discount coupon vapin15 and got 15% off my order. However, as these are my "beginner" e cigs, I'm looking into getting another brand that will have a larger battery capacity to last all day or more, as these need to be charged every few hours, in my case (heavy smoker that I am LOL). Good luck!

TN_Snoopy

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Cookeville, TN
Welcome aboard, searching4answers!

Yep, I still haven't found a cart I like as well. Including Boge (hr). I am trying Boge LR now (2 ohm) and they seem comparable. Still not sure if they are as good.

I agree, my own flavors work way better. I think I am addicted to RY4, but also like Blueberry Tobacco, and Vanilla Tobacco.

For what it's worth, the Cig2O batteries ARE different than other batteries. I don't know how or why, but they are. I am using the V4L titan batteries. they work much better and last longer. Also, if you are watchful on their site, you can often get 45-50% off on your purchase. Just have to be patient for the right deal (or wheel) to come along.

Last edited:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Welcome aboard, searching4answers!

Yep, I still haven't found a cart I like as well. Including Boge (hr). I am trying Boge LR now (2 ohm) and they seem comparable. Still not sure if they are as good.

I agree, my own flavors work way better. I think I am addicted to RY4, but also like Blueberry Tobacco, and Vanilla Tobacco.

For what it's worth, the Cig2O batteries ARE different than other batteries. I don't know how or why, but they are. I am using the V4L titan batteries. they work much better and last longer. Also, if you are watchful on their site, you can often get 45-50% off on your purchase. Just have to be patient for the right deal (or wheel) to come along.

45-50% off ! :ohmy: Are you referring to the Vapage site or which one? Thanks!

TN_Snoopy

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Cookeville, TN

TN_Snoopy

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Cookeville, TN
I am trying Boge LR now (2 ohm) and they seem comparable. Still not sure if they are as good.

Well, been using the Boge LR 2 ohm carts for 2 weeks now. I have to say, I like them better than the Cig2O carts. They are the only ones I have found that I like better. Definately have to use a drip tip, as they really get hot.
But, they are really nice carts.

A note on drip tips, if you use Delrin, you will likely have to remove the O-ring from the drip tip, or it will not fit into the Boge cart. Also, seems that first fit is really tight. After a use or two, they seem to work well.

Happy Vaping!

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I am also finding that these carts ROCK! I started with a Cig 2O and their carts last 10 times longer than halo. This surprised me.I get them at the cig store but they cost 5.49 for 3. They last a long time tho. 3 of them will last me as long as 7 or 8 halo carts.

My local cig shop gets $6.49 for a pack of 3 cartomizers for that Cig2o sheesh :grr: but now my batteries are acting strange, as in I think they're not charging fully. I emailed the info site and they pointed to a link to download an RMA form, so I may send back all 3 of my Cig2o batteries and see if they replace them. I seem to be in a catch 22 loop...just when I buy more cartomizers, my batts fail, then I get new batts and the cartomizers fail....and it goes on and on... Now I'm waiting for a new item I ordered the other day from delawarevapors. I'm getting an Ego T starter kit, so I'm hoping those batteries last longer and the attys and tank cartridges too! This new vaping venture is costing me a small fortune, but all in the name of better health, I hope :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread